We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how early do you start packing??

manchester
reviews: 2
how early do you start packing??

i fly in 21 days, im that excited im already packing? am i the earliest or has anybody started earlier then me?

Consett, United...
reviews: 51
1. Re: how early do you start packing??

We have not put our case away from last time we were there in May. We put things into the case when we get them.We go in October so the case is getting full.Glad you are excited hope it lives up to your expectations.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 64
2. Re: how early do you start packing??

We don't actually get the suitcases out until a few days before but we put away things quite a few months ahead in a closet. For example gifts for Cubans are tucked away as we find them on sale in Canada or along our way.

Always in the back of my mind I am thinking about going to Cuba so our cases become pretty full by the time we leave.

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 1
3. Re: how early do you start packing??

We just booked out trip lastnight, so we haven't started packing yet - going in October. I am more of a last minute packer...I *think* about packing, and will even write a list, but somehow end up staying really late the night before doing it!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
reviews: 52
4. Re: how early do you start packing??

like Divagateshead, we never actually unpack, since as soon as we return we start putting in gifts that we have found on sale for our next trip to Cuba/

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
5. Re: how early do you start packing??

Exactly the same for me as WindsorTraveller and divaGateshead.

I have a small spare bedroom in which I keep everything laid out on the bed that I'll be taking to Cuba on my next visit, whenever that is.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 53
6. Re: how early do you start packing??

LOL this made me laugh as I thought I was the only crazy one here!!!

Within two days of getting back from Cuba I was out buying all the toiletries ready for going back. There is nothing I need to buy now, apart from gifts, its all packed even shoes!!!(apart from clothes) and we dont go again till 25th June 2009 LOL how mad is that!!!!

Consett, United...
7. Re: how early do you start packing??

Things like shoes, swimming costumes and holiday items only ever worn on holiday never really get unpacked, except to be washed and aired. Any things I get for the trip are put straight into the case so I know that it will not be forgotten. A few days before we go I take it all out and pack properly and check I have every thing.

vancouver canada
8. Re: how early do you start packing??

Bellagio, i know a good doctor, in Havana, you can get treatment for that. Its weird, i dont see my self having the chance to go untill next spring, but there is not a day go by that i dont think about Cuba. And in a lot of ways its quite disfuntional. Cuba that is. I guess some of us like a challange.

Crawley
9. Re: how early do you start packing??

I was just wondering what 'gifts' do you take? Who do you give them to? I was thinking of doing this.

Consett, United...
10. Re: how early do you start packing??

Can I suggest you type gifts into search box and you will get hundreds of ideas. They do say take toothpaste and brushes but they are not so much in demand due to the supply of all us tourists