We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

New York
reviews: 5
Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Please report on reopening of Sloppy Joe's bar. Has anyone been there? How is the restoration? Is it crowded to the point of being uncomfortable? I took a photograph of it under construction in November 2012. Would love to see pictures of Sloppy Joe's now open.

59 replies to this topic
Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Havana, Varadero
reviews: 150
1. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Sloppy Joes, I have not see anything open. Where exactly is being opened up at?

New York
2. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Calle Animas and Zulueta, the original location of the famous Sloppy Joe's bar. I passed it under construction in November 2012. Go on Google News, search Sloppy Joe's bar Havana Cuba and find headlines "Sloppy Joe's Bar in Havana Gets Another Chance." You have to go on Google News archives, the headline fell off the front o the line. It reportedly was to open in February. I want to know if it did in fact open and are the tourists piling in.

New York
3. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Sorry, I forgot about the lack of internet in Cuba. I would post the news article if I knew how to.

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
4. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Nothing is open in that area, I will have to go and check this out upon my return home to Havana next week.

Edited: 6:32 pm, April 02, 2013
New York
5. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/arti…

ddcuba37: Try this linc for news article "Round 2 for Sloppy Joe's bar, a Havana Original.

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
6. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

I did see that link, I just have not heard of anything open up as of recent. You should note that some constructions/restorations in Havana take forever.

Ourense, Spain
7. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

It seems they're giving the finishing touches for an imminent reopening:

…lapatilla.com/imagenes.lapatilla/site/wp-co…

East Coast
reviews: 2
8. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Here's their website but they don't have an opening date.

http://www.sloppyjoes.org/index.htm

Bury, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
reviews: 33
9. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

Been to Sloppy Joe's in Key West. Definately a tourist trap. Is it the same in Havana?

Havana, Cuba
10. Re: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar

It sure will be. I thought La Floridita and Bodeguita del Medio were enough, and that they couldn't pull any more out of old Hemingway, but I guess not. The Cuban government is not stupid, it will probably fill up with tourists drinking 7 CUC drinks. And somehow it seems a tourist trap has been missing right in that spot. Good for them.

Reply to: Anyone been to Sloppy Joe's Bar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted