We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Habana 1791 perfume shop?

West, Mississippi
reviews: 1
Habana 1791 perfume shop?

Moon and Lonely Planet books mention Habana 1791 on Calle Mercaderes in Habana Vieja and it sounds quite interesting. Apparently it sells perfumes made by hand from tropical flowers and "retains the air of a working museum". I found one rather scathing review on a blog but no other mention found online yet. Has anyone from Tripadvisor been there and would recommend visiting? Sounds like it might be an interesting place to buy a gift to take home.

24 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
21. Re: Habana 1791 perfume shop?

Why the bump Dreamer, what else do you wish to know?

Cheers,

Terry

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 5
22. Re: Habana 1791 perfume shop?

Oops

Chelmsford, United...
23. Re: Habana 1791 perfume shop?

Please see the reply below from the lady from Nova Scotia. This place is a rip off. I tested the ' perfume' with a group with our tour guide present and returned the next day to buy some Patchouli oil as it smelled so fantastic. I chose my bottle and the lady tok it outside to fill. Once home I found it had been filled with water with a hint of perfume and was cloudy with bits in. Make sure they fill it in front of you or better still avoid the place. A nice bottle but an expensive one

Winnipeg, Canada
24. Re: Habana 1791 perfume shop?

We went with our tour guide Feb 5th , the fragrance was filled into front of me ( orange blossom ). It is fine...

I guess they scam some...... So sorry it happened to you.

Reply to: Habana 1791 perfume shop?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted