We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toliet paper

Orange county, Ca
reviews: 4
toliet paper

Is there a serious shortage of toilet paper? Thats what the US papers are saying? If so, I will bring extra rolls..

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: toliet paper

No shortage for gringos with CUC.

That said, if you're travelling independently it's always good to bring a roll with you so you take a little off everyday so you have some with you when you're out and about.

No big deal.

Cheers,

Terry

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
2. Re: toliet paper

Taking toilet paper and wet wipes with you is a must once you leave the confines of your own hotel.

Where I stay in Banes you won't find toilet paper supplied anywhere and there's no water in the cisterns either.

Most gas stations have running water in their toilets but often those have no paper even if you have an attendant on duty whom you have to tip.

Havana, Cuba
reviews: 5
3. Re: toliet paper

It will not matter if the “gringos” have CUC and they are not staying in Hotels. I would say there is no shortage in Hotels but there is at CUC shops everywhere. So independent travelers staying in private houses should consider this factor.

Calgary, Canada
4. Re: toliet paper

Voy, every single bathroom in every high-end hotel still has toilet paper, thus my gringos with CUC comment - and all experienced repeat independent travelers would bring their own anyway. And by the way, the Supermercado 70 has toilet paper on its shelves right now if you're running low... ;-)

Cheers,

Terry

5. Re: toliet paper

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:01 pm, August 10, 2009
Orange county, Ca
reviews: 4
6. Re: toliet paper

thanks everyone, we are independent travelers so I will bring my own roll at your suggestions. Nothing worse...

Wales
reviews: 13
7. Re: toliet paper

And don't throw it down the toilet.

Cuba
8. Re: toliet paper

5. Re: toliet paper

Aug 10, 2009 10:59 AM

I always bring a roll or two for unexpected emergencies

Mardi

Some how I got an advertisement in my last posting ...

Is this wht we can expect now ???

But we can't advertise ... hmmm

Montreal, Canada
9. Re: toliet paper

Mardi our right I just saw that ad.

That is really gross, eye pollution, just when I thought TA was on track again.

Montreal, Canada
10. Re: toliet paper

It appears to be a case of now you see it, now you don't...