We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help urgently!

Montreal
reviews: 15
Need help urgently!

Has anyone heard of this?!

I booked the MCC on Monday thru my travel agent, with Sunwing Vacations. The total was approx $2400- and we had to pay a deposit of $510 to reserve, with the balance due Feb 25th.

I received my confirmation from Sunwing- showing exactly that.

Today, they contact my agent and tell them that this was an "early booking special" and that FULL PAYMENT is required by October 25th. OR, we can pay an additional $175.00 each NOW, in order to keep our booking as is with the balance due in February. This changes our price from 1213 each, to 1388. CAN THEY DO THIS?!?!

They have $510 of my money and say that there is a cancellation fee if I choose to cancel?

Pls help guys.

ottawa
reviews: 5
41. Re: Need help urgently!

CubaJunkie, you sure have had your share of problems these last couple of months. I hope you get it all straightened out to you satisfaction and get the deal you were expecting. We have never had any problems with Sunwing and normally quite enjoy the service. Good luck! :)

Montreal
42. Re: Need help urgently!

Thanks Santana. When did going to Cuba become such a drama? The first nine were easy peasy- these last two have been nothing but headaches.

Thanks for the well wishes. Waiting (rather impatiently) for the call from my agent this afternoon!

ottawa
43. Re: Need help urgently!

The screaming toddler on the plane is starting to look good in comparison to all your various woes. I realized yesterday that you were actually a few rows behind us on the way back. On the way down you were several rows ahead. Did you have to deal with that little guy both ways? :(

Montreal
44. Re: Need help urgently!

Yep- pretty much.. Both ways he was no more than 5 rows away from us.

Although, with those lungs, I'm pretty sure it didn't matter where we were. The pilots probably heard him.

ottawa
45. Re: Need help urgently!

I saw the Sunwing staff giving him a pair of "pilot wings" to try and calm him down before we boarded in Montreal. At least he can scream out in three languages-French, English and Spanish, jeje.

Niagara Falls
reviews: 13
46. Re: Need help urgently!

I know the 5 kg does suck, typically can't beat Sunwings price though and the amount of resorts they cover.

You always repack everything into your carry-on though before going thru security. Travelling with teens and little ones we find putting heavier items like DS's and tablets on our person, in the wifes purse really fops the weight.

Montreal
47. Re: Need help urgently!

On that note, you ARE allowed a purse in addition to a carry on right?

Southern Ontario
reviews: 2
48. Re: Need help urgently!

CJ0913 - my purse is 3 times heavier than my carry on - And I weigh 96 lb. Don't know what that is in metric!

Have you heard yet from Sunwing about their mistake? Are they (hopefully) living up to their emailed confirmation?

Montreal
49. Re: Need help urgently!

Still tapping my fingers on the table. Patience, not my strong suit.

Bury, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
reviews: 33
50. Re: Need help urgently!

I have not contributed to this thread but I have been following it and I am also waiting for the outcome Lol. I hope you get what you want.