We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coloured contact lenses going through security

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 41
Coloured contact lenses going through security

I have just picked up my new prescription contact lenses ready for my holiday, and I decided I wanted a change and opted for a different colour as well (hubby is adamant I am going through a mid life crisis lol), now although I naturally have brown eyes I will be going green :) not a massive change and please note not a "OH my God you look a freak" type of change. Well I don't think so anyway hahahaha.

Upon picking them up and paying the earth for them I suddenly worried ... is there eye scanners at Cuban airports (Holguin) that scan the iris? I don't think it will cause a problem with my actual passport photo though. I don't want to end up hustled in the back of a van on the way to Guantánamo Bay instead for rice and beans!!! pretending to be some impersonator lol

Edited: 9:53 am, June 17, 2013
Havana, Cuba
1. Re: Coloured contact lenses going through security

Don't sweat it, no iris scans. As long as you look like the same person as in your passport photo you'll be alright.

v. unlikely you'll end up in Guantánamo Bay as that's United States territory lol

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
2. Re: Coloured contact lenses going through security

Di&Mal:

It won't be a problem as PuroHabanero says. They aren't that sophisticated in Cuba as yet

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 41
3. Re: Coloured contact lenses going through security

Aww thats good then thank you, Well the packing has started and the excitement is beginning now that we are on low count down ...I don't suppose any of you are GREEN with envy yet are you xx

Goderich
reviews: 2
4. Re: Coloured contact lenses going through security

The only way theyd be able to i.d. you through a retina scan is if youve been documented in such a way.

Needless to say cuba isnt that advanced. Nor do I think they plan to become such

5. Re: Coloured contact lenses going through security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 19, 2014