We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sending a package to Cuba

Grimsby, Canada
reviews: 2
sending a package to Cuba

Hi,

we'd like to try to send a package to Cuba...starting with a small one first to see if they get it. Any idea how much it costs per kg?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
1. Re: sending a package to Cuba

It depends which compagny you use. The most reliable and not that expensive way I know of sending a package to Cuba is with Cubana's Cargo. It's 60$ for 10Kg and the receipient will have to pay a tax in CUP to collect the package.

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: sending a package to Cuba

hey - let me take it to cuba for you! if it is not too big ...lol

Grimsby, Canada
3. Re: sending a package to Cuba

thanks Gengen!

Scoots, does it matter if the package weighs about 125 lbs and looks like me?? lol!

Grimsby, Canada
4. Re: sending a package to Cuba

Gengen, how many CUP's will they have to pay?

Wantage, United...
reviews: 10
5. Re: sending a package to Cuba

Gengen,

where do they have to collect it from ? either holguin or havana

rgds ..

Canada
reviews: 3
6. Re: sending a package to Cuba

It's probably easier to see if someone would be nice enough to take it for you. As long as it's just a few trinkets and depending on where they are in relation to resorts.

Sarnia, Ontario...
reviews: 8
7. Re: sending a package to Cuba

I do not know about different shipping companies but under NO circumstances would I ever mail anything through regular post to Cuba. There is about a 98% chance of it never arriving, or if it does, most of the contents would be missing, and you have absolutely no recourse or insurance with Cuba post.

If you do decide to try to cheat the odds, write everything that is inside the package on both the outside and inside in black marker, and make sure to ask the post office here for the little green sticker that you paste on the box on which you write what's inside.

Good Luck.

8. Re: sending a package to Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, May 25, 2013