We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windsurf in Bonaire

San Francisco
Windsurf in Bonaire

My husband (who is a windsurfer) and I want to visit Bonaire but need advice on the best way to get there from San Francisco. We don't want to fly overnight and spend the next day recuperating.

Also, where is the best place to stay and rent windsurf gear? Are there certain times of the year that are best for windsurfing? Thanks for your input.

Bonaire
reviews: 136
1. Re: Windsurf in Bonaire

The best option from the West Coast is the Friday night red eye on Continental from Houston (IAH) leaving around 11:30 getting in 4 hours later Sat.

We have two shops: Bonaire Windsurf Place and Jibe City, both side by side, both with schools, both with great eateries and both with top of the line gear.

Feb. - June is windier in the 6 years I have been sailing there...

Ann Phelan

orlando,fl
reviews: 1
2. Re: Windsurf in Bonaire

It's also close to that all natural resort,walk with a cooler and drinks,only one bar was there when i visited and we had to wait for the bartender,i liked walking in the shallow water also.

Bonaire
reviews: 136
3. Re: Windsurf in Bonaire

You cannot bring a cooler onto the windsurf beaches in fairness (and requested) to the restaurants. There is a public beach picnic area south near the marina.

4. Re: Windsurf in Bonaire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire