We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

North Carolina USA
reviews: 64
Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

Been looking at VRBO for villa for September 2014 trip and found several different link for villa that all look kind the same. They are all in the Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire? Is this a good area to stay?

7 replies to this topic
North Carolina USA
1. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

Example:

www.vrbo.com/350431

www.vrbo.com/327580

www.vrbo.com/388014ha

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
reviews: 32
2. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

Somewhat depends on what you want to do and what you are looking for. In general, Sabadeco is a nice area with some very nice villas there. It is several miles outside of town, probably a 10 - 15 minute drive depending on just where in Sabadeco. Again, depending on just where in Sabadeco, you may be able to walk to a couple of dive/snorkel sites. Villas along the water will probably have good access to the sites. For divers/snorklers the area would be fine and divers could hook up with one of the several dive shops on that side of town. For windsurfers like us, it is on the wrong side of town and would add 15-20 minutes to the trip to or from Lac Bay, although we do have windsurfing friends who own a villa in Sabadeco.

North Carolina USA
3. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

Actually, forgot to add, is this a good area to stay to shore dive and snorkel?

We will have a car, so a 15 minute drive for dinner is not a problem.

My other question, is does someone know, this area, is it a complex with "rows of houses that are all the same" (as in "Pleasant Valley Sunday" by the Monkees?)

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
4. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

Most of the homes in the Sabadeco area are on nice size plots of land and would not be at all crowded. However, between the Andrea I and Andrea II sites there is a row of perhaps 15 villas stacked up pretty close together. It is very possible that the villas you are considering are in this strip of villas. If you use "Google Earth, go to location 12 degrees, 11 minutes, 27 seconds N and 68 deg. 17 min. 50 sec W and you will see what I mean.

North Carolina USA
5. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

Are they so close, there is no privacy?

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
6. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

That is hard to say for sure... I have never personally visited these villas, only see some rooftops in the distance and have looked at them on Google Earth. It looks to me that the villas are about 15 feet apart so they are close together, but without a on-site tour, it is difficult to say just how (un)private they are.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 177
7. Re: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.

just came back from a week in this same area and would be happy to give you the good, bad and great abouth the area off line if you would like to ping me directly. we stayed at "Kas Mous" which is crown terrace #117 in Sabadeco.. nice place, good views, quiet. you will need a car.

Reply to: Sabadeco area with a view of Klein Bonaire.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire