We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone stay at Port Bonaire?

Hamden, Connecticut
reviews: 9
anyone stay at Port Bonaire?

Hello,

Curious if anyone had any reviews on Port Bonaire? I know it's only 2 miles from the airport and I'm not concerned with plane noise. How is the snorkeling off premise, security, dealing with the property?

thanks,

Lori

New England
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
reviews: 183
1. Re: anyone stay at Port Bonaire?

I have not stayed at Port Bonaire but we use the dive shop that is located there. Port Bonaire is NOT 2 miles from the airport -- it is across the street from the airport. The driveway to the complex has a gate arm which keeps unwanted vehicles out but I can't speak to anything else about security. PB is located on the canal that leads to the marina at Plaza so there is boat traffic making on-site snorkeling less than ideal even though there is a ladder into the water. I have seen people snorkel from the ladder, stay along the side and then head out of the canal though I am not sure I would want to do that with the boat traffic. It would be a short walk or shorter drive to get to the same spot for snorkeling without using the steps/waterway canal.

Gilford, New...
2. Re: anyone stay at Port Bonaire?

Who told you it was two mile from the airport?? You can't get any closer to the airport than at PB. PB is located on a man-made canal which leads to the open ocean on one side and Plaza marina on the other.

3. Re: anyone stay at Port Bonaire?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire