We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too many places to stay. Help!!

East Texas
reviews: 9
Too many places to stay. Help!!

So we are in the beginning stages of planning our trip to Bonaire. We are first timers. Their are so may places to stay in so many area's. We have 3 couples and 2 single males planning to go at this time. half are divers half snorkelers. We would love a low cost place. Doesn't have to be fancy. Could be a house or hotel. On the water or off.... I need some help from those that have been before. We normally go to Cozumel and I am feeling a little lost not knowing the island. I don't even know what area to look for.

Advice??

Wisconsin
reviews: 5
1. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

We used Sun Rentals when we went to Bonaire in 2006.

http://www.sunrentalsbonaire.com/vacation.php

If you looked under "Luxurious Villas" you will see a lot of great options. We stayed at Crown Courts 44A - it will be too small for what you are looking for.

However, while we were there, we looked at Casa Terassa, and it might be perfect for what you are looking for. The house is gorgeous, and there are 4 bedrooms (all with their own private bathroom). Three of the bedrooms have king or queen beds, and the fourth has a couple of single beds. The view was awesome, the pool was nice, and if you are the lucky couple to get the upstairs bedroom, you can walk out onto the roof for some rooftop tanning.

I'm trying to remember more about the company, but I didn't deal directly with them. I believe someone comes to do cleaning once a week, and someone comes and cleans the pool once a week. The island is pretty small, so you will be about a 15 minute drive or so away from everything. It's best to rent a car.

Have fun in Bonaire - we adored it there and can't wait to go back some day! You must visit the Donkey Sanctuary while you are there, it was a pretty neat experience.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
reviews: 32
2. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

Yes, there are numerous small places on Bonaire. For your first time or two on the island, I'd recommend using a knowledgeable travel agent. Once you know your way around you can decide if you need a TA for future visits. (We just got back from out 4th visit to Bonaire.) I have used and would recommend Ann Phelan at Caribbean Wind and Sun Vacations ( www.bonairecaribbean.com). Ann lives part time on the island and is a 'lurker' here on the forum. (I have no interests other than being a satisfied customer.)

Bonaire is a wonderful island, you'll enjoy it!

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
3. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

Try the Black Durgon Inn. Sounds like just the place you want. Great diving and snorkeling right off there dock. Also a great outdoor area with a kitchen that you can use and spend time together and make dinners together. For us there is no other place like it ,it's really a great spot.

East Texas
4. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into these places. I have looked into the Black Durgon Inn and really like it, but they only have 3 rooms availible at the time we plan to be down their. I really like it thou and haven't totally ruled it out.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
5. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

Try talking or e mailing Al (The owner of the BD) and see if he can get you into a condo at Dive Paradise which is only a few houses away. That might just work and then you would have use of the BD.

He also has a few homes he rents out also and that may be another way to go.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 4
6. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

I agree Sun Rentals is a nice place to rent from. They were very helpful and offered many choices due to party size. One thing I will say is the pictures on the website did not do some of these places justice. So it may be better than it looks, which is rare.

Bonaire is great because you can do alot of shore diving and the rest can snorkle above. You don't need a boat to take you out to a reef. Bonaire has so many dive sites and snorkeling ones. Some are better for just divers, so look at the map, it will tell you.

East Texas
7. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

Well we are booked! We are staying at the Carib Inn in Aug and their is now 10 of us going. I can't wait:)

8. Re: Too many places to stay. Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bonaire