We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa or Condo?

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Villa or Condo?

Hi - hope you all can help me out. I am trying to make a decision on renting a condo or villa (1 bedroom at least, or 2 or whatever) in St. James this summer. I love the idea of a villa, and fell in love with two of them online (Alhambra and Bali Hai), but I can't see to find everything I need in one place. Hoping to pay no more than $425US per day - even better if it's less (it's low season when I plan to go).

One of the biggest challenges is that I MUST have relaible internet access (for my job). After that, I'm looking for beachfront (or no more than 3 minute stroll), king bed, near tennis, maid service, updated kitchen and bathroom, great lanai or patio - views! - pool - and (hangs head) TV in master bedroom so I can watch Wimbledon in air conditioned comfort (!) I am hoping to pay not more than $425US per day.

Maybe I should just go to a condo like Villas on the Beach or Glitter Bay, but so far, I can't find one that has internet and everything else that looks really nice. Deep down, I really want to do the villa, but I'm nervous about it. And the one I really love (Alhambra, with its OWN tennis court) doesn't have internet it seems.

Has anyone out there stayed at one of the ones I mentioned? Or maybe know a really good agent who will walk me through this process? (Sometimes it's worse when you know EXACTLY what you want - better to just stay loose, I know....)

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

1. Re: Villa or Condo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:49 pm, January 27, 2007
New York
2. Re: Villa or Condo?

Thanks very much - sounds lovely, but we firmed up our reservation yesterday. Finally settled on Villas on the Beach in Holetown (I think) and gave a deposit. I sure hope the beach is nice and swimmable there!

Again, many thanks for your reply.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
reviews: 62
3. Re: Villa or Condo?

Diditsvoice,

Villas on the Beach is a really good choice. It used to be Inn on the Beach and when we were in Barbados in June 05 was being totally refurbished.

We went back in Feb 06 and could not believe the transformation.

The beach is perfect for swimming, particularly if you make your way to just outside Mango Bay Hotel.

It is close to Holetown but far enough away that you won't be disturbed by Sunday night karaoke! Holetown has many really good restaurants - make sure you try The Mews!

The supermarket is across the road, so very handy for picking up stuff!

Have a great holiday.

Emelda

4. Re: Villa or Condo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 21, 2009