We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holetown Hotel

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London,UK
Holetown Hotel

Hi Everyone.

Previously stayed in holetown for a week at the Sunswept hotel and then moved over to the east coast and stayed at the Barbados Beach Club.

Boy what a difference. The first week was lovely and the 2nd week! Well it was a nightmare.

Subsequently this hasn't put me of visiting Barbados again but would only really be looking to stay on the west coast again ideally in holetown.

Checking the Sunswept hotel review it would appear the beach has been eroded away!! This was a great basic hotel, just cheap and cheerfull but was an ideal location.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel in Holetown?

Thanks Nick

Kent. UK
reviews: 19
1. Re: Holetown Hotel

Nick

Recommend Tropical Escape Hotel in St James just before you get to Holetown coming from Bridgetown. See my review.

First Choice do a package. The only drawback (for us southerners)is currently they only fly from Manchester once a fortnight. (from November weekly flight from London GatwicK)

Normally you can book an all inclusive package at a very competetive price.

Paul

Boston
reviews: 24
2. Re: Holetown Hotel

Nick,

You may want to think about renting an aparment or small house in and around Holetown in the Sunset Crest area. Sure it's not on the beach, and self catering but you're just across the street. You can still get to the beach easily. I've stayed at Europa, Goldenview, and in a few different houses in the area. If you google Holetown apartment rentals, you'll see all the sites where people list their properties.

Have a great trip.

Jon

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 49
3. Re: Holetown Hotel

Hi Jon

You seem to know Sunset Crest quite well.

Do you know anything about Halcyon Palm apartments on Sunset Crest at all.

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks

Lesley

Jersey, Channel...
4. Re: Holetown Hotel

Hi Jon

We are due to spend a few weeks in Sunset Crest Villas in March 2007. I have read some (Old) mixed reviews about the beach and the villas. As you seem to have stayed tehre can you gove me a more up to date view?.

Thanks much

Jersey Girl

Boston
reviews: 24
5. Re: Holetown Hotel

Hi,

Most of my time has been spent at Goldenview but when I was down in December, I walked by Halcyon Palm and they have been recently re-furbished. As for the beach in the area, there has been some sand loss but it comes and goes. I tend to walk down to the beach and make my way over to the Sandy Lane / Paynes Bay area to spend my beach time.

Jon

Jersey, Channel...
6. Re: Holetown Hotel

Hi Jon

Thanks for that info. Any other tips for that area?

This will be my first trip to Barbados - I am really looking forward to it.!

Regards

Jersey Girl

7. Re: Holetown Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:25 am, August 25, 2009