We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Input for 3-4* A.I. beach resorts in Barbados.

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 48
Input for 3-4* A.I. beach resorts in Barbados.

We send 69yr young Mom south every winter for a couple of week's by herself.She is not a strong swimmer.I would like a resort that has a nice beach gently slopped,with beautifull clear water a clean resort with clean lodging,good food,and safe. We are on a moderate budget.Is there an area of the island that is reasonably priced that we can acheive this?Are any of these resort's descent?

Barbados beach club,Sandy Bay beach,Amaryliss Beach.

TIA mamasboy

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
1. Re: Input for 3-4* A.I. beach resorts in Barbados.

Sandy Bay will probably be your most economical option for your mom. It has a good location, beach and relatively good service.

I would grade it as being decent.

Javon

northampton
reviews: 2
2. Re: Input for 3-4* A.I. beach resorts in Barbados.

Oh to be your Mom, Mamasboy!

Have a look at Mango Bay on the West Coast at Holetown. Not the cheapest AI, nor the most expensive by any means, but excellent surroundings and food (good quality cutlery, crockery & glassware; waiting staff who know their job). Nice rooms and very clean. Small resort so no long treks between bedrooms, bar, restaurant and beach. Friendly, helpful staff and good mix of guest age groups and no problems if single traveller. Sea shallow and calm (South Coast rougher). Nice pool.

Shops and amenities (ATMs, restaurants etc.) of Holetown easy walking distance. Many of the other AIs are a bit isolated so you need to take a bus or taxi to go anywhere outside the resort. Chattel village is great to wander round for souvenirs and famous Cave Shepherd duty free shops have an outlet just up the road near the supermarket.

AI includes water-skiing (probably not your Mom's first choice of leisure activity), glass-bottomed boat ride, catamaran cruise (you don't have to swim with turtles - just watch everyone else) and shopping trip to Bridgetown.

Obviously, without knowing what you consider to be a reasonable price, it is diificult to say what would suit. All I can say is that I, and my fellow travellers (family & friends), thought MB was excellent value for money. I would happily go back there as a single traveller.

Staff are brilliant with every guest but seem to make a special effort for those travelling alone. Guests tend to be the kind of people who will chat to each other so no danger of your Mom feeling isolated but, on saying that, if she would prefer her own company at any time, no probs either.

Wherever you choose, I'm sure she will have a great time in Barbados.

BR/Jane

3. Re: Input for 3-4* A.I. beach resorts in Barbados.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 20, 2009