We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holetown Supermarkets

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 8
Holetown Supermarkets

Hello

We arrive in Barbados on Saturday 8th June at 2ish, and we're going to be staying at Golden View Apts in Holetown. I guess we'll arrive there at about 4-4:30 by the time we've gone through customes etc and picked up our taxi. Can anyone tell me the nearest supermarket to Golden View and what time it would shut on a Saturday. We'll probably eat out most of the time, but would still like to stock up.

This will be our first trip to the Island since 1990, and we're really looking forward to it. It will be interesting to see how much its changed. Last time we stayed on the South Coast near St Lawrence, and used to go to Dover Beach, back then there was hardly anyone on it, from what I gather on here its very busy now. No doubt we'll take a look down there at some point. We drove along the West Coast back then as well, but I really can't remember much about it.

Thanks

warrington
1. Re: Holetown Supermarkets

Super Centre is open until 10pm on Saturday so you will have lots of time to stock up with goods.

I think you will see a big difference from when you visited in 1990 - a lot of new developments have appeared both south and west.

Your are sure to have a good time with lots of lovely eateries close by.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for St Lawrence Gap
reviews: 13
2. Re: Holetown Supermarkets

At that time of year Dover beach won't be as busy as the winter months. It is a bit busy round the area in front of Sapphire condos (where the old conference centre used to be). With Escape at the Gap being shut for a year or so (soon to re-open in Dec) it isn't like it was on that part of the beach. Southern Palms area is quiet (usually is anyway), and the Divi Southwinds area at the top end of the beach is about average.

Still a great stretch of beach though.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 45
3. Re: Holetown Supermarkets

Golden view apartments are about a 10 minute walk from Supercentre supermarket in the center of Holetown.

You also have a small Chinese restaurant on site at Golden View ... really good Chinese food at good prices.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 154
4. Re: Holetown Supermarkets

Cavalier7_61

Just so you know. Super Centre Sunset Crest opens opens 8am to 9pm on Saturdays and 9am to 2pm on Sundays.

Regards

5. Re: Holetown Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 26, 2014