We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

waves hotel

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
salisbury
reviews: 2
waves hotel

Is the waves hotel as bad as some of the more recent reports are saying.

21. Re: waves hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, February 11, 2013
MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
22. Re: waves hotel

bpfife ....LOL

Sorry but my name is not pubic!!

Don't know about Westin - do you ....what sort of standard are their hotels??

Must improve MY typing skills or remember to use spellchecker

I think the opinion of PMP will be most valuable as a longstanding and loyal customer who I believe has seen The waves / The Escape go through many changes

Cheers

Mike

Edited: 1:47 pm, February 04, 2013
Victoria, British...
reviews: 1
23. Re: waves hotel

The point, for all of you who have nothing better to do than try to put me down, is that comments were made about the staff.. real people.. which were really not nice. You don't need a spell-checker or a PhD to have integrity.. And that's what this is about. If I see a questionable review I have to ask about the integrity of the writer; why he or she would be mean or lie, if such were the case.

Because the negative reviews I have read about Waves bear little resemblance to my actual experience, I thought readers might be interested in why my comments were at such variance. I thought perhaps by being "open to scrutiny" that I would help build trust.

To those of you who have chosen to mock me for trying to speak some truth...all I can say is shame

Dr. C.D. Mazoff

Edited: 8:26 pm, February 06, 2013
Derbyshire
reviews: 2
24. Re: waves hotel

We have stayed at Waves 3 times since it has been renovated. Our first stay was about 2 months after it opened and our second and third stays were in January and June last year. We have had a great stay each time and if anything i felt it had improved last year from when it first opened.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when i read some of the negative reviews it is obvious some people moan for the sake of moaning! such as someone was disappointed that every evening meal is a la carte (I go out of my way to find all inclusive hotels that only serve a la carte evening meals!)

We are booked in to go to Waves for 10nights this year and I don't have low expectations because i know what to expect! If i did not think i was getting what i have paid for i would not return.

On our last visit we spoke to people who loved and people who hated it so I believe it is all down to personal choice, personally we love it.

Rhos on Sea, North...
reviews: 83
25. Re: waves hotel

Hi

Idling on a cold wet Saturday afternoon. What better to do than add to this forum. Stayed at Waves October 2011. There were some really great things about the hotel - rooms, food at fEAST restaurant, beach, lounge area, warm clean sea, at that time the spa pool was great (seen bad reviews of it recently) and spa itself, top up of drinks in room, sitting on balcony with drink overlooking sea, laughs with jet ski trip sellers on beach on a Sunday, catamaran trip. But there were things that were not good - Seascape and Rosso Vivo restaurant, Virgin rep, hotel staff, lift out of order for some time, some things wrong in room.

At the end of the day it is opinion. What I find excellent others may not and vice versa. I'm not sure if I went to Barbados again would stay at Waves, but it is in the balance.

26. Re: waves hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 25, 2014