We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Barbados have one of these .......

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset, England
reviews: 4
Does Barbados have one of these .......

When we went to Aruba a few years ago there was a party bus, which I never told hubby about, and he is always reminding me! We saw it pass by a couple of times and it looked like everyone was having fun, does one exist?

Thank you

manchester england
1. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

I have been to bmi around 15 times and never seen a party bus personally i dont think one exists as Barbados night life is around the gap in the south and holetown probably 1st street with the streets a party bus wouldnt be able to travel around. Public transport is either Z vans or single decker buses. The closest to partying in a group would probably be a catamaran trip >where food and drink are served etc. Party life is good in barbados but not wild as some caribbean countries.

Jac

Somerset, England
2. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

Thank you for your quick reply. Guess we will have to go back to Aruba one day before we get too old.

Buzzards Bay...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

Barbados does have the Rum Shack Safari:

islandsafari.bb/4x4-safari-tours/rum-shop-sa…

Somerset, England
4. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

richaaard - many thanks for the info but $72 for two buys an awful lot of rum so think I will have to give that one a miss - but thanks for posting the link.

Red Deer, Canada
reviews: 166
5. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

Not exactly a bus...but we are thinking of booking this for our trip in December:

www.barbadosblackpearl-jollyroger1.com/

Looks really fun, I can't wait :)

Somerset, England
6. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

LazyRose - many thanks for the link.

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

Nemesis, do you mean Aruba or Barbados? At any rate, I suppose you could say there are party buses in Barbados. Barbados is famous in the caribbean for uniquely decorated minibuses that drive around, playing loud music. Type "reggae bus" in youtube and 9 out of 10 results will be from Barbados. There is also a video on there that depicts a party taking place on several buses.

http://youtu.be/nf1vAhIiprg

That is a link to the video.

Holetown, Barbados
reviews: 27
8. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

There is actually an open top party bus on the Island ( I saw it again recently on Gold Cup Day), but I believe it is one that you can hire for a private parties only----------- ie I have seen it used to bring hen and stag parties to the Races in the past, but always carrying locals not tourists.

Perhaps BGI knows more about it as he is here all the time,

Christ Church...
9. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

Nemesis,

While there may be the odd private vehicle or two, there's no direct equivalent in Barbados to Aruba's hugely popular party buses. Those things are insane.

The original one is:

http://www.kukookunuku.com/

This one's also popular:

http://www.bananabusaruba.com/

Barbados has not developed the concept to that level yet so I think your husband would be disappointed unless you can round up 30 or so more people on your own and hire a bus.

Huddersfield...
reviews: 12
10. Re: Does Barbados have one of these .......

Aah yes , 4 of us did the ` bar hopper ` bus when we were in Aruba a couple of years back, the hotel reps organised them and we had a blast , no windows, loads of loud reggae , a good few party animals on them ,maybe a bit TOO over the top for BARBADOS .We toured 4 local bars then hit senor frogs till early morning and a taxi back to the hotel.