We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Escape at prospect

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hampshire.U.K
reviews: 11
Info on Escape at prospect

Can any one give me an update on the works being carried out at this hotel?

I will be staying there mid July 2006. I would also appreciate any information concerning this hotel as the reviews are very mixed. Thank you in advance

hampshire.U.K
21. Re: Info on Escape at prospect

Please don’t apologise, I enjoyed reading your comments and experiences.

Like you,our main priorities are good food and clean beds. Yes we will be going with Virgin and due to the celebration for our 25th we have upgraded to premium e-con (well it could be another 25 years before we do that again..LOL)

We probably won’t be taking advantage of the twilight book in service because we only live approx 1.45min away from the airport and it seems a bit of a waste to book into a hotel over night. ( Although, now thinking about it, it would mean we would not have to make such an early start ) The premium upgrade is meant to have its own priority check in point. So I’m hoping that will be the case and we won’t have too long in the morning rush to check in. I will post a full review and update when we get back and I’m sure after reading your comments that we will have a great time. We have always respected staff in hotels on holiday and have acted like we appreciate each member of staff efforts, regardless of their position. So I’m sure we will get on with them just fine, well the bar-man better do, because he will be seeing a lot of me ..LOL

Buckinghamshire
reviews: 9
22. Re: Info on Escape at prospect

Ha ha. Well, if you intend to use the after hours bar, Wendell seems to do most of those shifts and my son spent virtually every session in there. He was one exceptionally nice guy. As you can imagine, its easy to get carried away with the cocktails, and although my son is a final year student and well used to drinking, Wendell looked out for him. As did Michael the security guard when a crowd of them were messing around in the sea in the early hours! Paul is a bit of a surfie and took his board, so all the localwater sports guys gave him plenty of advice as to where and where not to surf. I know what you mean about 25 years - I celebrated my 50th and took both of our grown up kids with us - a bit of a one off, although both of them said what a terrific family holiday and maybe we could celebrate our 30th there in three years time! Watch out for Ronnie on the bar too - a wind up merchant but good fun. Kenny is the cocktail king. Beware the rum punch. They give you one on arrival and it has some kick. One more thing I have remembered, we looked at the local rum, Cockspur I think it is, in the duty free shops, where you need your passport to purchase and they send it on to the airport and you collect it on the way home - it was actually cheaper in Jordans, the supermarket about ten minutes walk up the road from the Escape. Not sure why that should be, but I was happier actually packing it than faffing around on departure. The rum cake that we brought back was cheaper in their too - and delicious.

Barbados
23. Re: Info on Escape at prospect

Cockspur (and all other Bajan rum like Mount Gay, Old Brigand etc.) is cheaper in the supermarket because there is no duty on it ever, so you are paying less of a retail markup at the local small grocery than you are at the airport stores or even the posher supermarkets! Duty only applies to imports.

Buckinghamshire
24. Re: Info on Escape at prospect

Thanks Bajanswife - thats one to remember for the future. Personally speaking, I love browsing and shopping in supermarkets abroad as you get a much better feel of a different culture rather than the posh shops! Found the chocolate bars particularly good.

Buckinghamshire
25. Re: Info on Escape at prospect

Greyray, Just a thought - you said you were an hour and 45 mins away from Gatwick. We were about the same. However, I didn't fany the M25 at an unearthly hour in the morning. We booked at the Ramada Plaza - preferential rates if you go through Virgin and the car parking is included for so many days with a bit extra if you go over the days I think. We thought it was good value for money as the courtesy bus was brilliant for the airport on both trips - very punctual. We didn't realise at the time but our car stayed there and as we did twilight check in, we put everything back in the car on the morning of departure that we didnt need to to take with us. My daughter used the gym in the hotel, my husband used the pool, and my son and I made tracks to the bar to wait for them, and we had an excellent bar meal a bit later. Nice facilities there so a really good start to the holiday. You have probably already made your arrangements but would so hate you to say afterwards that had you known you would have done it differently.

Its good to have all the facts so that you choose the best way for you.

hampshire.U.K
26. Re: Info on Escape at prospect

Thanks for the tips Busybird

Because we will be going for 3 weeks, it works out cheaper to take a taxi to the airport instead of paying for parking fees. However, in saying that, I guess we could still take a taxi to the hotel and then use the courtesy bus to off load the luggage at the airport or better still we could go straight to the airport and then use the bus to the hotel. That will give us something to think about over the coming weeks. Which ever way we decide to go, thanks for the tips.