We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelican Village

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
reviews: 1
Pelican Village

Is it possible to get a bus that stops somewhere close to Pelican Village from the South Coast, without walking between the two bus terminals? I'm wondering if the Speightstown/Holetown buses pass close by?

I'd rather not do that walk in the heat of the day - also, I'd probably get distracted on Broad Street - LOL!

I'm also guessing that I should go on a day when there are cruise ships in, just in case there might be more stores open.

I've made 2 trips there in past years and was very disappointed - lots of empty shops and many occupied shops not open. I'll give it another try.

Thank You.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
1. Re: Pelican Village

MarnieRiley

No, it is not possible. The Route 27 buses do not pass through Bridgetown. After Hastings they make a right turn and go past the Garrison Savannah.

Sadly, you'll need to walk there from Fairchild Street. You don't even need to walk on Broad Street. You can proceed down Wharf Road, along the boardwalk, then straight across Princess Alice Highway and you'll be there in 10-12 mins.

Regards

London, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: Pelican Village

Thank you BGIWT - that was quick - AND, I think I'll try the route you suggested.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 189
3. Re: Pelican Village

MamieRiley

You are welcome and do have an enjoyable time there.

Regards

4. Re: Pelican Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 14, 2014