We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Bridgetown, Barbados

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 2
Nightlife in Bridgetown, Barbados

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise and our last port of call is Bridgetown, Barbados. The ship is docked there over night so we thought it would be a nice idea to go out and experience Barbados rather than staying on the ship.

Is there any nightlife close to where the ship will dock? If so, what is there? Any tips on where to go? We are thinking more bars and possibly restaurants rather than clubs.

Also, is it safe to be walking around of a night time?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
reviews: 21
1. Re: Nightlife in Bridgetown, Barbados

Well there are plenty of restaurants but not really in Bridgetown apart from the Bump & Wine Cafe, Wispers upscale restaurant), The Boatyard (more of a club and not a restaurant to be honest), Lobster Alive (lobster restaurant), Weisers on the Beach (more of a beach bar).

They would all be a bit far to walk to and I wouldn't suggest you walk around Bridgetown at night especially as you won't know where you are going.

There are plenty of restaurants slightly further afield that would only be a 15-20 mins drive from the Port so it really depends what kind of food and how much you want to pay!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
reviews: 21
2. Re: Nightlife in Bridgetown, Barbados

What I forgot to add is that you might be better served taking a cab to St. Lawrence Gap which would take about 20-25 mins (depending on the time) and then you can walk along and choose from several places.

3. Re: Nightlife in Bridgetown, Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 07, 2010