We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 3
Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

We are going to the Barbados Hilton in 3 week's time and I've heard that the Hilton is just about to start 2 months' work on the beach bar, meaning bar service, but no food service. Does anyone have any more information about this, what disruption is there, and can you really get no food during the daytime round the pool.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

We are also going to the Hilton in 10 days and would like to hear more about the work on the beach bar.

I would also like to hear comments about the Hilton, i.e. the beach. Also if Hilton is within walking distance to anything else other than Brown Sugar Restaurant. Would I be able to walk to town from the Hilton?

Hampshire UK
2. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

There isn't much there at all, when you say 'Town' do you mean Bridgetown? if you do anything is possible but I wouldn't think it's much of an enjoyable walk, busses are frequent as are taxis & I would not do it at night.For nightlife you are best heading in the other direction towards St. Lawrence gap, taxi or bus. The beaches around the Hilton are nice, very natural, to the left anyway.

Oxon
reviews: 6
3. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

We are at the Hilton for a few more days, they have laid on a BBQ at the beach bar so you can get food, it can be a bit hit and miss with the quality though. Some people do seem to order from the Lighthouse menu and they deliver it in boxes. As to the disruption of the building work. Personally I don't think we would have come if we had known, the constant pneumatic drilling is very annoying but we just put on the ipod to drown it out. On a more positive note they have said the drilling should stop soon, but don't know what other noise there will be. We do love the Hilton though, we have had great service, but havn't eaten dinner here we usually get a taxi to the Gap, there is so much to choose from there. You can walk part road part beach to Bridgetown, we did that again today, but wouldn't do it at night and as said before there isn't really any where to eat there except Whispers, which was fantastic food. We would definately come back in the future we feel the south coast is best for us and have had a great experience at the Hilton except the drilling! Off to the Gap now for dinner.

San Diego...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

Hi there :) we were just there .. they do serve food - it's expensive and it's not very good.

To that point .. the drinks aren't either. Had the worst margarita I've ever tasted there. Didn't order anything else =)

England
5. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

Thanks for your response on this. I'm convincing myself that the pneumatic drilling will have stopped in three weeks' time, and the demolition phase of whatever they are doing will be over. Do you think I am being realistic. I have emailed the Hilton twice for some reassurance, but they never come back to me. Does anyone know when the actual work started ?

Hampshire UK
6. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

I don't like big impersonal hotels but when we were at the Hilton for 3 days on a plane problem, we liked it very much indeed, big? yep, impersonal? certainly, we thought the location was great, beaches very nice, different to the West coast that we are used to.

Service was exellent & we both thought the food was of a very high standard indeed, Breakfast just could not be bettered especially the Sunday one, people were coming INTO the hotel for that, fantastic - hot/cold, bucks fizz the works. Dinner was also good fresh pastas or risotto cooked in front of you to order, seafood, theme dinners,could have stayed longer.

Having said all this I wouln't want to stay anywhere that was under refurbishment unless I knew about it AND got a healthy discount ....even then?

England
7. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

I agree - I normally woulnd't consider staying anywhere under refurbishment, but I can't find any other suitable alternative hotels. We are due to go in 3 weeks time, and as we are a family of four with two children, it's difficult finding somewhere with a room large enough for us, which paying a massive supplement, and which is to the standard of the Hilton.

Oxon
8. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

Have been on the beach all day today, and no drilling at all just a bit of digging with a spade this morning but you could only here that from our room. I have spoken to the General Manager at the Hilton about it and she seems to think the drilling is more or less finished. Also, we asked to have the lunch menu from the Lighthouse restaurant today at the beach bar rather than the BBQ, and they were fine about it. A lot of people seem to be doing the same, as I said before the food is hit and miss there and quite expensive if you don't really like what they are serving. It is a set menu for a buffet/BBQ. Hope the above is helpful.

England
9. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

Thankyou so much for checking for us, that is really kind. You more or less confirmed our thoughts that the demolition work on a beach bar couldn't possibly last another three weeks, and that the rest of the work must be quieter. I have no problems with the sound of a spade digging. Are you using the Executive Lounge ? Are there any sellers on the beach selling lunchtime food ?

Oxon
10. Re: Hilton Hotel Beach Bar

The executive lounge is ok for breakfast, just basic fruit, bread, cereal, pastries etc, but you can get a voucher for discount for the breakfast at the Lighthouse restaurant which is fantastic, so when we can't manage the same again we go there. As for the evening, only went twice to see if the fuss of people using it for dinner was true as in previous posts, and it was. They queue to load their tiny plates with as much as possible, and they are usually there before 6pm to get a table. I found it quite facinating!! There is no one selling food on the beach, and you can't really walk to the next beach without going on the car park and road. The bar is ok though.