We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Dallas
reviews: 33
Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Hello experts!

I am in lovely Barbados and had dinner at the tides on my first night and cin cin the second night. I was blown away by the ambiance at the tides. The food, however, at cin cin really stole the show.

Without getting into too much detail (already wrote reviews for both restaurants), cin cin was chef level food with A+ ratings on flavor, inventiveness, and execution. The value compared to lacajou and the cliff is much better.

The question is, where else can I go for a similar like experience? I've researched a few other places like Pisces, Aspara (Indian), and Champers.

Would appreciate a local's pov.

London, United...
21. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Champers has always been one of my favs and when I was home last month enjoyed Fusion as well. Really love the ambience there.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 185
22. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Well done Hawaiilover. I'd highly suggest the Grilled King Prawns as a starter. I swear they have the best prawns on the island.

London
reviews: 4
23. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Champers for Lunch! Oh yes!! - and if you are on the West what about Sassafras? It's in the Sugar Hill complex and the food is just wonderful. You sit overlooking a pool and a wonderful view over the West Coast.

John

Holetown, Barbados
reviews: 23
24. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Flyingjohn---------------Sassafras unfortunately closed some time ago,------------they are now concentrating solely on their shop " Posh Nosh " but the Restaurant has now been taken over by "Nico's 2 " which was a restaurant in Holetown many years ago. People are saying that it is very good, but I have not yet been myself as yet.

Dallas
25. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

For the locals, check out Sea Cat for lunch, for some good fresh fish, well executed.

Adding posh nosh and champers to the list before I leave! I feel like a swollen whale already.

London
reviews: 4
26. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

I think I saw that Westiegal - but forgot. I must read the site more carefully.

Years ago we came to the West Coast and hit 20 days out of 21 rain! We ate in the First Street Nico's where the Cottage PIe was so warming. Chris and Sheryl (now Champers!) were great hosts, Mike the Barman - was at Calabaza for ages - with the wonderful chef too! When the restaurant moved to near the Cliff and changed owners Mike and the Chef made it good, but not a good as it had been. As Chris has now completed the circle I can't wait to go to NIco's again. I wonder if I can find the original Polo shirt anywhere?

Posh Nosh is such a great concept too. I defy anyone to avoid over-buying in that shop!! When we last ate at Sassafras Sandra cooked me her Chicken Roti specially - about 2 weeks before the menu changed. Heaven. . . . She is a culinary genius.

John

Dallas
27. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Sandy sets up opposite of which apartment complex?

Oops nevermind he told me above

Edited: 6:31 pm, May 03, 2013
28. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 05, 2014