We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Which Barbados hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 33
Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Hello experts!

I am in lovely Barbados and had dinner at the tides on my first night and cin cin the second night. I was blown away by the ambiance at the tides. The food, however, at cin cin really stole the show.

Without getting into too much detail (already wrote reviews for both restaurants), cin cin was chef level food with A+ ratings on flavor, inventiveness, and execution. The value compared to lacajou and the cliff is much better.

The question is, where else can I go for a similar like experience? I've researched a few other places like Pisces, Aspara (Indian), and Champers.

Would appreciate a local's pov.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 55
1. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Try the following

The Cliff, www.thecliffbarbados.com/CR/Default.asp

Naru, http://www.narubarbados.com/

Fish Pot, littlegoodharbourbarbados.com/restaurant.html

Cove, www.visitbarbados.org/Listing.aspx…

Fisher Pond Great House, www.visitbarbados.org/Listing.aspx…

reviews: 7
2. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Glad you liked cin cin. I wish I cud say the same but I posted a review. Try lone star.

Dallas
3. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Nice recs..thanks for posting the links for each! I definitely will check out the cove. It's raining all day today so I'm not sure what to do.....drink maybe...

Holetown, Barbados
reviews: 16
4. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Try the Lone Star, Nishi, and Fish Pot -----------------also the Sandpiper Restaurant who always have a good chef. That is where Larry at Cin Cin started in Barbados.

On the south coast. I have always had a good meal at Champers and if lunch was anything to go by the other week, Tapas.

Burlington, Canada
5. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Forgot, Cafe Luna, www.littlearches.com/dining-overview.html

What has been recommended by everyone are really great places and you can't go wrong with any of them.

If you don't have enough time to do them all you'll just have to come back.

Dallas
6. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Canby/westie, thanks.

I went to cafe Luna but they were not seating for lunch anymore...bahhh...they pointed us to surfers cafe which served a good blackened mahi, wedges, and salad. Also hit up the boat yard and tiki hut. Would have liked to try cafe Luna but they turned us away. Wife and I will be here for 4 more nights so I will definitely hit up half of the places on your list. Thanks for the backstory on the sandpiper chef. Tapas, fishpot, and champers seem like must trys.

So much to eat and drink, so little time. Thanks again for all the great advice before I even got here (from previous threads)!

Scotland
reviews: 16
7. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

We went to The Cliff on Saturday night, booked it a few months ago and got a railside table. Fantastic evening, from the second we arrived to when we left we felt like royalty. Food was outstanding, absolutely amazing, not to mention the beautiful setting. Having just read some reviews for Cin Cin I'm glad we didn't book. It also seems, in the main, they only comment on the reviews where someone has had a complaint, not on the good reviews.

reviews: 7
8. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

Another thing u might consider is on Thursday Fri and sat evening at 7 pm Connie an ex sandy lane chef sets up opposite our apartment complex. It is barbecued in front of you. Excellent value but u take it away. Happy u enjoyed cin cin but we had a real bad experiencethere and were appalled by the response to our review which was far from what happened.

Guildford, England
reviews: 3
9. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

I would say good food experience from the following:-

More formal:-

Cobblers cove.

Cliff.

Sandy Lane Lacajou.

Less formal:

Daphnes.

Lone star.

Informal:

Tapas

Naru

Burlington, Canada
10. Re: Live from Barbados - loved cin cin..what else?

If you're looking for lunch somewhere try Atlantis on Wednesday. Great buffet and a different side of Barbados on the east coast.