Okay - I know there have been many threads on hotel help, so I'll try to be specific.
So far, I've gotten narrowed the results down to Tamarind, Colony Club, and Little Arches.
1. This is my first time to Barbados. From what I've seen, most people do not rent cars so I would want somewhere central to nice restaurants. My wife and I are in our early 30's so not looking to 'party' per se, but love great food and a drink at a cool bar.
2. The kind of hotels we like are ones with great ambience, clean/modern rooms, and good service. Restaurants IN the hotel is not important. An adult only vibe would be nice but not a must. Just not looking to stay at a place without kids running around screaming.
3. The hotels listed are within my budget. Places like Sandy Lane and the Fairmont are too high. Am I missing any other hotels/condos/b&bs to consider within this price range?
4. Umbrellas and loungers would be GREAT as I'm already dark and do not need a tan! lol. From what I can tell all hotels mentioned have umbrellas except Little Arches.
5. So far I've seen mixed reviews on comparisons between the hotels I listed. Since the Tamarind has been renovated, is it as nice as the Colony Club now, or does Colony Club still win? Out of those 2, how would the winner compare to Little Arches? If it helps in your recommendations, right now Little Arches costs the least $, then Tamarind, then Colony in my searches (expedia, travelocity, orbitz, etc).Edited: 6:44 pm, December 10, 2012