We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

Reisterstown, MD
reviews: 2
question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

Hi

We are planning on staying at the Newstead Belmont in July, but there are a few things that are unclear to me about their 'amenities'.

On their website I didn't see any mention of free airport shuttle service offered by Belmont, yet several TripAdvisor members that have stayed there in the past few months mention a shuttle. Is there an airport shuttle and how do you arange it?

The website mentions a 'complimentary beach shuttle', which I assumed took you to the public beaches. But after reading several reviews on this site, it sounds like Belmont has their own private beach (or maybe shares one with another hotel?) ... clarification?

I haven't heard anyone mention "complimentary golf" in their reviews, but the hotel's website states the following: "Guests will receive a complimentary round of golf, full golf club service and a complimentary shuttle to the stunning 18-hole semi-private golf course located at the Belmont Hills property" ... clarification?

Is the 'complimentary ferry service' to Hamilton just for that pink line ferry? ... so, if you want to use other ferries or the bus system, you buy the pass for them, correct? Are the passes good for 24 hours, or are they a calendar day?

Are there any grocery stores that will 'provision' your condo for you in advance of your arrival?

Can you arrange to have bikes and scooters dropped off at the hotel for you?

Thanks everyone.

Manchester UK
reviews: 1
1. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

Hi there, I'm at Newstead Belmont now. They do indeed have a free airport shuttle, email the concierge, details on their website.

concierge@belmonthills.com

They have an arrangement with the Coco Reef hotel on the South Shore and will shuttle you there and back. All fab! And yes, they do offer a round of golf at the Belmont Hills golf course free, one round per day per room I think, my husband played, and again they'll arrange it and shuttle you back and forth. Same with meals at the Blu restaurant there which we liked, especially Sunday brunch, take you there and back. Be sure to make a reservation because it's very popular with locals and has spectacular views.

They also have their own ferry back and forth to Hamilton operating mornings and evenings (not afternoons) weather permitting. Great! Best way of getting there!

Buses are good though, take the Newstead ferry to Hamilton and buy tokens at the terminal. Best bus stop is down Chapel Lane to Middle Street to nearest bus stop, 5-10 minutes. Buses are easy, but taxi to Hamilton is also only 10 dollars.

Hope this helps. Go to Newstead, you won't regret it!

Manchester UK
2. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

Also, take the ferry into Hamilton and visit Miles Market for groceries, it's a fab deli and lovely market combined! Don't know about scouters!

USA
reviews: 3
3. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

>>>...Are the passes good for 24 hours, or are they a calendar day?...<<<

The Bermuda public TRANSPORTATION PASS is valid for a '..calendar day..'--from 1st-run AM until last-run PM...**NOT** 24 consecutive hour 'days'.

The public TRANSPORTATION PASS, valid for PUBLIC buses and ferries is available in 1, 2, 3, 4,, 7 consecutive 'calendar days' & Monthly for all routes **except the PINK--Hamilton-Paget-Warwick public ferry route** (serving Newstead-Belmont Hill Hotel from the HODSON'S FERRY dock, immediately adjoining the property) and for 1, 3, 4, 7 consecutive 'calendar days for ALL public transportation routes (bus & ferry..Pink route included) at slightly higher cost.

The 2013 SUMMER FERRY SCHEDULE (from mid-April-thru-mid-November) won't be published until sometime in early April. There may (probably will) be some schedule changes from 2012 to 2013 and there may(??) be a slight fare increase for Transportation Passes for 2013.

>>>...Are there any grocery stores that will 'provision' your condo for you in advance of your arrival?...<<<

To the best of my knowledge there are no grocers who provision for visitors...though you could contact the Concierge at N-BH DIRECTLY to find out for certain if any such service is on offer ?? The most convenient supermarkets to N-BH will be those across the harbor, in downtown Hamilton...the SUPERMART-- http://www.supermart.bm/ --out on Front St.(out near the commercial docks)...MILES MARKET-- http://www.miles.bm/Miles/index.html --tucked in, harbourfront behind the '..Waterfront..' office/condo complex, approx. 400 yards west of the main Ferry terminal (and Hamilton dock for N-BH private ferry...Miles' is about as close as Bermuda gets to a '..gourmet market..' with prices to reflect this) ...and two MarketPlace supermarkets, a bit west (approx. 300-400 yards) of the main Bus terminal--HAMILTON MARKET PLACE on Church Street and SHOPPING CENTRE on Victoria St.-- www.marketplace.bm/marketplace/locations.jsp

>>>...Can you arrange to have bikes and scooters dropped off at the hotel for you?...<<<

Most motor scooter rental liveries will either drop-off scooters at your hotel..or..pick you up and drive you to their nearest rental location.

Edited: 1:27 am, March 13, 2013
USA
4. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

If you rent scooters from OLEANDER CYCLES-- http://www.oleandercycles.bm/ --their HQ rental location is on Valley Road (nr: Middle Rd. in Paget) a short ride from N-BH. There is also a MarketPlace A-1 PAGET GOURMET market, just up the road (75-100 yards) from the Oleander shop (at: Valley & Middle Rds)...and the larger MarketPlace MODERN MART nearby on South Road (at: Saint Michaels Rd )... where you can pick up supplies to stock the larder, before returning to the hotel.

If you pre-reserve motor scooters with OlEANDER they provide a 10% rate discount for on-line reservations.

Locations--

www.marketplace.bm/marketplace/locations.jsp

Reisterstown, MD
5. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

thank you everyone. what a weath of knowledge on this site! i could have saved myself HOURS of research yesterday just by coming here earlier!

a couple of follow-up questions ... do NBH guests have access to Coco Reef facilities (other than just the beach -- like the pool), and vice versa? what kind of schedule does the beach shuttle operate on? -- is it reliable?

does the hodson ferry run all day during the high season, or do they still have the limited hours with no afternoon ferries as mentioned above?

we are 2 adult couples staying in a 2 bedroom suite for 4 nights ... i'm wondering if the guys could each play their complimentary round of golf together on the same day (rather than 'one complimentary round per day) ... and i know the guys aren't going to want to lug their clubs over to the island, so i assume there are club rentals available?

are there any complimentary 'spa services' for the ladies that don't golf? (i think i know the answer, but wouldn't that be a fabulous idea for NBH to offer?) ...

do we need to pack beach towels? i assume(?) they are available for guests at NBH and Coco Reef, but if we go to a public beach do we need our own towels or can we borrow the hotels?

thanks again everyone!

Edited: 9:15 am, March 13, 2013
Boston
6. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

There are two ferries, the NBH private ferry, that runs up till 11:30, and then after 5:00 or so, and then just off property is the Hodsdon's stop of the Pink line of the Bermuda Ferry System, which has better weekend service, but is not so great during the week. The shuttle to CoCo Reef and Belmont Hill GC is the same small 5 passenger van, which is basically on "demand" . You call down to the concierge and they arrange it, and similarly when you want to return you call from the CoCo Reef front desk and it comes and gets you. Towels are provided at the Pool ath NBH and at the beach / pool at CoCo Reef. We took NBH Pool towels to Horseshoe Bay. Once over there you are welcome to use the restuarants and pools of CoCo Reef. They in turn have access to the golf club. Do not think their are any complimentary spa services, but your should email and ask. Also ask about the golf question, but I would think they would be able to accomadate your request. You will love the 2 bedroom suite, as they are all enourmous and have stunning views. I am heading down again in May, and cannot wait.

Reisterstown, MD
7. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

thank you. very helpful info! i totally misunderstood the 'private ferry to Hamilton' thing.

is there a bus that stops infront of the NBH on Harbour Road? i've read conflicting info on that.

Edited: 11:09 am, March 13, 2013
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
8. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

No buses on Harbour Road. The nearest bus stop will be on Middle Road.

USA
9. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

>>>..is there a bus that stops infront of the NBH on Harbour Road? i've read conflicting info on that..<<<

There is NO public bus service that runs along the Harbour Road...and when you see how narrow and serpentine much of the Harbour Road is; you'll understand why. The nearest public bus service will be the various #8 routes, that run up along the Middle Road. The nearest bus stop for this service will be up the hill near the intersection of Middle Road and Chapel Road...approx. 500 yards or so walk from N-BH.

>>>...does the hodson ferry run all day during the high season, or do they still have the limited hours with no afternoon ferries as mentioned above?...<<<

If by "..hodson ferry.." you mean the PINK--Hamilton-Paget-Warwick public ferry route, the 2013 SUMMER FERRY SCHEDULE won't be published until late-March/early April. Due to high costs, the fare on this route was increased substantively and frequency of service and stops was decreased last year. There may be some adjustments to this year's summer ferry schedule...but I wouldn't count on much (or any) increase in service for summer 2013.

>>>...i'm wondering if the guys could each play their complimentary round of golf together on the same day (rather than 'one complimentary round per day) ... and i know the guys aren't going to want to lug their clubs over to the island, so i assume there are club rentals available?...<<<

You should probably contact N-BH DIRECTLY. I think that you've mis-read the hotel's free golf offer---"...During your stay with us, ONE GUEST PER ROOM (emphasis added) receive, a complimentary round of golf (based on course availability),..." doesn't look or sound anything like '..one round per guest..'.

There are club rentals available---at additional cost--at the Belmont Hills golf course...as well as most other golf courses in Bermuda.

Reisterstown, MD
10. Re: question about Newstead Belmont 'amenities'

thank you.

Get answers to your questions about Paget Parish