We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elbow Beach

Baltimore
Elbow Beach

My fiancee and I are in the process of planning a wedding at Elbow Beach. We love the property and our interactions have been great with the hotel, but some of the reviews regarding the rooms worry us. We and many guests will be upgrading, but are the standard deluxe rooms really as bad as some of the reviews state? Also, any suggestions for rehearsal dinner if we go off the property? Thanks!

pennsylvania
reviews: 2
1. Re: Elbow Beach

Rehearsal dinner-try Blu which is not far from elbow and has great food and wonderful views of the harbour and beautiful sunset (if the weather is nice). Also Beau Rivage is stunning with views of harbour and same view of sunset. Just a different idea since wedding will be on beach...

New England
reviews: 9
2. Re: Elbow Beach

The standard rooms in the hotel are fine- more than fine. we stayed there 3 years ago and we stayed in one of the renovated cottages closer to the beach, but our babsitter stayed in the main hotel and the rooms were definitely not as bad as I thought they would be based on teh reviews. They were fine. And, i think they've been renovated since then.

I hope you and yoru bride will stay in one of the premier renovated cottage rooms overlooking the ocean- they are gorgeous and so romantic.

George Town, Grand...
Destination Expert
for Warwick Parish
reviews: 46
3. Re: Elbow Beach

First of all, congratulations! When is the big day?

In regards to the rooms, if you are concerned, there are several other hotels nearby that might be alternates--Coco Reefs is literally next door to Elbow Beach hotel. The old Horizons and Cottages now operates as a bed & breakfast, with rooms starting at $200/night, but I would definitly upgrade to the $300/night rooms to get a nice place to stay. They are also within walking distance of Elbow Beach Hotel.

For a nice rehearsal dinner, talk to Angelo at Splendido (the restaurant is located at Horizons & cottages)--he does such a great job and is so accommodating. The number for Splendido is 441-239-7411. Another great idea is Aqua at Surfside hotel (we had our wedding reception there and it was just such a lovel setting, quiet and very intimate). their number is 441-236-7100, ext 258.

And one more option--a bit further away from Elbow Beach is The Dining Room at the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse (441-238-8679 or thediningroom@northrock.bm). You basically have a 360-degree view of the island, and the owners of the restaurant have a great repuation on island for good dining (they also own Primavera and Rustico).

Best wishes for a wonderful wedding and a happy life together!

4. Re: Elbow Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Paget Parish