We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Which Hamilton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dalton, Georgia
reviews: 6
Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Is it worth the extra money to stay in a "gold " room versus a Signature room? Also, does the hotel provide shuttle service to and from airport?

USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Not sure that there's that much difference when comparing the physical Signature to Gold guestrooms...size, amenities, etc. What 'Gold' level does provide is access to additional hotel services and amenities--Gold level lounge etc. But you can enroll in the FARIMONT PRESIDENT'S CLUB program and receive access to the Gold Lounges as part of your free, Fairmont President's Club membership-- https://www.fairmont.com/fpc/

The Fairmont hotels will provide shared, airport shuttle service (service provided by CEO Transport-- https://www.limobermuda.com/index.php ) between airport and the two Fairmont properties in Bermuda. The modest charge for this service is--Farimont Hamilton Princess Hotel--$10 per person & Fairmont Southampton Hotel--$15 per person.

The normal taxi fare between airport and Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel will run in an approximate range of $30 or so...to the Fairmont Southampton Hotel--$45 or so.

Edited: 1:42 pm, March 05, 2011
Dalton, Georgia
2. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Thanks so much for the info. One question - if I enroll today in the Prresident Club, can I automatically get the benefits if i book my room today too? If so, then doesn't make sense to book a Gold room if it is basically same room as a Signature.

USA
3. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Within minutes of enrolling in the Fairmont President's Club on-line, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing your membership number. You may use this membership number when making your reservation.

Dalton, Georgia
4. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Thanks. Any other tips you could offer would be appreciated. I'm planning to go in May.

USA
5. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

If you aren't already aware of the service...the Fairmont hotels provide a free, private, limited schedule (4 times per day...no evening service) ferry service during the 'season' (from April-through-November) between the dock at the rear of the Hamilton Princess, across the harbour to the dock at the Waterlot Inn (approx. 25 miins...a great boat ride)...then free trolley/shuttle from the Waterlot dock, up the rear entrance drive of the Fairmont Southampton to the main building at the top of the hill and down to the Fairmont's private beach club.

It's a personal observation...but you can easily skip any of the dining options at the Hamilton Princess without any loss. The many alternative dining options (all types, cuisines, prices) of downtown Hamilton are only a very pleasant, short (600-800 yards) stroll/walk away. The exceptions to this are the proper Afternoon Tea service (2:30-5:00PM...best in Bermuda) or a late-night burger at the Hamilton Primcess' Heritage Court lounge, just off of the main lobby.

New Jersey
6. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

I am also trying to decide what room to book at the Hamilton Princess. Can anybody shed more light on the different types of rooms ??

From what I have read, it appears that the Signature Room has a Balcony, and the Gold Room doe not. Not sure if the Balcony is important to you, but I am figuring it could be a nice addition to our room.

I am also considering the One Bedroom Suite, not much of a price difference when you factor in the "AAA" discount, plus it has a Balcony and is a larger overall size with an adjoining sitting area.

From the Hamilton Princess Website:

All Signature with Balcony Rooms are located in the historic Gazebo Wing. Beautiful luxurious rooms offering large balconies with patio tables and chairs, marble bathrooms, business amenities, High Speed Internet access, and fabulous views.

The luxurious guest rooms of Fairmont Gold have been designed with every comfort in mind. Located in the historic main wing of the hotel, the rooms feature upscale Bermudian style furnishings, marble bathrooms, two-line telephones, business amenities and High Speed Internet access. Guests can work in the convenience of their rooms at large desks with ample lighting and easy to reach electrical and data outlets.

Located in the Pool Wing, the spacious One Bedroom Suites offer a private walk-out balcony or terrace. The large bedroom has an adjoining living area with a pullout sofa, and both living room and bedroom areas can be closed off for privacy. The luxurious marble bathroom has a tub and separate shower. Rooms are equipped with business amenities and high speed Internet access.

London, United...
reviews: 99
7. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

What we did -as I like a balcony - and the gold rooms do not have one - was book the room we liked AND arrange in advance to use the gold lounge -I believe it cost around $100 or so extra a night .

Berlin...
reviews: 44
8. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

President's Club membership also gives you free access to their wifi system if you want

Berlin...
reviews: 44
9. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

"I am also trying to decide what room to book at the Hamilton Princess. Can anybody shed more light on the different types of rooms ??"

Not sure how much space you need but here's what we experienced at the Princess:

In the Spring of '09 we booked a room in the Bermudiana House which is adjacent to the main hotel buildings and overlooking one of the smaller pools and the putting green. The room was recently updated and rather nice - all new bathroom fixtures, a rain shower, flatscreen tv, small wet bar area, fresh paint etc. These rooms were about a 5 minute walk to the main lobby and also had a small balcony.

View towards Hamilton Harbour:

…me.com/dk8365/100209/DSCN1619/web.jpg…

Room:

…me.com/dk8365/100209/DSCN1597/web.jpg…

In the Fall of '09 we were upgraded to a 1 bed suite at check in. It was located on the first floor of the wing off the west of the main building. The room itself was very spacious with doors that could close off the bedroom/bathroom from the "living" room. The living room had a large couch, a work desk, coffee table, and a few oversized chairs. There two patio areas that opened up on the lawn - 1 off the bedroom, 1 off the living room. While the room was certainly nice it was a bit more than we really needed for just 2 people - especially since we only spent time in the room at night

View towards the Harbour:

…me.com/dk8365/100311/IMG_0537/web.jpg…

NovaScotia
reviews: 40
10. Re: Hamilton Princess Gold vs. Signature Room

Hi there, just wanted to clarify that you receive many good free benefits as part of the President's club (e.g. wifi) - but as far as I know (unless things have changed for this year?) access to the Gold Lounge is not one of them (have been President's club member - all levels - over the past 10 years).