We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bermuda - First trip there and yea worth it

Which St. George hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burke, Virginia
reviews: 34
Bermuda - First trip there and yea worth it

Just came back on a cruise to Bermuda. Had no expectations. All i have to say that the time there was fabulous. I saw pretty much all of the island and I have to say that I didn't see any poverty there. I can only say that about Hawaii (Maui) on the islands that I visited. The pink houses through out the island, gives the place a fantasy prisom of sorts, as the people there were kind and courteous. There's plenty of shops, restaurants and things to explores. One of my disappointments was we were unable to visit some of the old forts that go back to the 18th century. You can't do it all in 2 days to my chagrin. We went in July and it was hot and humid there but I had to remind myself that we're in the gulf stream and this still beats the middle of February. All in all a great trip and if you get a chance to go there by all means, back the suntan lotion, sun glasses and hat. Then enjoy.

3 replies to this topic
USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Bermuda - First trip there and yea worth it

>>>...cruise to Bermuda....All i have to say that the time there was fabulous......One of my disappointments was we were unable to visit some of the old forts that go back to the 18th century. You can't do it all in 2 days to my chagrin...<<<

That's a variation on the single oldest and most frequently heard '..complaint..' heard from '..cruisers..'..."..We didn't have enough time for Bermuda.."....and it doesn't matter how good the all-you-can-eat-buffet on the Lido deck is.................

>>>...We went in July and it was hot and humid there...<<<

Few visit Bermuda for the '..winter sports...'.

Virginia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Bermuda - First trip there and yea worth it

Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip. Leaving 1 Sep on a cruise, with 3days in Bermuda. Can't wait, I already have a to enjoy list that is way too long already. Did you visit Saint George? That is definitely where I want to spend a lot of time. If you did visit, was there anything you felt was a must see (or maybe a not to see).

Thank you,

USA
reviews: 3
3. Re: Bermuda - First trip there and yea worth it

>>>... Leaving...on a cruise, with 3days in Bermuda.....I already have a to enjoy list that is way too long already....<<<

See: above '..complaint..'.

There's a reason why Mrs.Boeing was blessed with a clever son.

Edited: 9:07 pm, August 06, 2013
Reply to: Bermuda - First trip there and yea worth it
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. George