We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

My husband and I are traveling to Bermuda in mid October for 4 nights. This is our first visit and we are having a hard time figuring out where to stay.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Here's our criteria, all of these are flexible. We know we probably can't have it all!

Budget: Max 250

- Close to some of the best beaches, walking distance to a beach would be ideal

- Close to nice restaurants, walking distance is definitely preferred

Facility:

- We'd really like a private porch or balcony with a nice view

- We don't want to feel like we're in a compound that it isolated from the rest of the island

- We'd like a kitchen since the hotel dining options seem to be so expensive in case we want to cook a couple of our meals

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

You can get started by clicking on Holiday Rentals in the green shaded bar at the top of this page. Then take a look at www.bermudarentals.com and www.bermudagetaway.com Be aware that proximity to beaches does not always translate into walking distance to restaurants.

The island has an excellent transportation system, buses and ferries. Buy a transportation pass and you will get to beaches, restaurants, shopping from just about anywhere on the island. Some people rent scooters, taxis are also available.

$250 will also get you into some of the excellent small guesthouse type accommodations. Salt Kettle House, Greenbank both with lovely Hamilton Harbour views are good choices, no beach but good ferry service.

Try to narrow it down and come back with more questions.

Edited: 9:14 am, August 19, 2013
USA
2. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

As noted above, private rental agencies like Bermuda Rentals, Bermuda Getaway will provide you with a broad cross section of the sort of self-catering accommodations that you're looking for. What you see and read in property descriptions tends to be what you get (and usually much better). You might also check out the Bermuda listings of--

HOME AWAY-- www.homeaway.com/search/keywords:Bermuda

VRBO-- vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/caribbean/bermuda

Bermuda is a relatively tiny place--approx. 21 square miles of landmass...21 miles from end-to-end...3-4 miles from shore to shore...No where is very far from anywhere else in Bermuda and getting from here-to-there is almost always a pleasure passing through Bermuda's incredible beauty and charms.

Bermuda's best beaches will be located out along her magnificent south shore, in Paget, Warwick and Southampton parishes. There are a fine selection of restaurants in this area but restaurants within comfortable "..walking distance.." of these locations will be limited.

Bermuda's largest concentration of restaurants (all types, cuisines, prices), shopping, nightlife (dance clubs, pubs, bars, lounges) and the nexus of her genuinely excellent public transportation system (buses & ferries) will be located in and around downtown Hamilton...but her south shore beaches will be a 15-40 minute ride from here.

With this in mind, you will probably have to make some adjustments and compromises to your, "..close to the best beaches.." and "..walking distance.." criteria...but I suspect that you'll discover that any small 'inconveniences' you may accept from one will prove to be minor and well '..worth it..' for the other.

BERMUDA--Handy Reference Map (Orientation, layout, relative locations)--

gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/GetHere/MapsAn…

BERMUDA BUS INFO--(Routes, schedules, fares, etc)--

www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt…

BERMUDA FERRY INFO--(Routes, schedules, etc)--

http://www.seaexpress.bm/

Brooklyn, New York
3. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

Thank you for your reply. We are waiting to hear back from Greenbank about availability. It seems to be just what we're looking for! Great views, kitchen, near beaches and restaurants and within our budget. Fingers crossed that one of the rooms with a view of the harbor is still available.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

I love Greenbank, hope they have something for you.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
5. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

Although I hope that you stay in Greenbank you should be aware that it is not within walking distance of restaurants and beaches. You will have to use a combination of ferries, buses and perhaps taxis. As you are only staying for four nights taxis should not be much of a problem pricewise. Restaurants are easily reached by the ferry across to Hamilton, you may have to get a taxi back if you eat later. To reach the beaches you will need to take a ferry and a bus. Geographically the beaches are not very far but I doubt whether you will want to do the hike to get there, hilly and little in the way of sidewalks.

North Carolina
reviews: 314
6. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

You may also want to consider Fourways. I stay there frequently and walk to Elbow Beach. I am fit and well into the sunset years. When I go to town I take the ferry, the best public transportation in the world!

Happy anniversary.

Edited: 5:14 pm, September 07, 2013
London
7. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

You could consider

clear view suites & villas

http://www.clearviewbermuda.com/

Or the

Surf side beach club

http://www.surfsidebermuda.com/

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 71
8. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

I also suggest Greenbank ... been there 3 times and it gets better each time ... try to get a water view with full kitchen. The Ashtons are wonderful beyond words!

9. Re: Having a hard time figuring out where to stay...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 25, 2014