We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on Bermuda cruise

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
reviews: 12
Help on Bermuda cruise

Help! We want to cruise to Bermuda (2 adults, 2 teens) in August. There are so many options and we are confused about which cruise, how to book, what is the best deal, do we use a travel agent or one of the MANY cruise web sites. I don't know where to begin! We do know that we want a 7 nite cruse leaving from either NJ or NYC. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
1. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

I would start by visiting cruisecritic.com and read reviews on the various cruise lines that come here, like celebrity, Norwegian and rccl for starters. Some ships are better suited to teens than others. As for booking, sometimes a travel agent can get a better price on some sailings, but you should always compare the travel agent's price to the line's website. Don't forget expedia and similar sites.

USA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

As noted above, CruiseCritic.com is an excellent source for more specific cruise information--cruise lines, cruise ships, etc.

Your choices from either the West Side Cruise Terminal in Manhattan (11th Ave & 55th St) or The Cape Liberty cruise terminal in Bayonne NJ will pretty much come down to Norwegian Cruise Lines(NCL) from NYC or Royal Caribbean(RCI) from Cape Liberty, NJ NCL will be sailing it's brand new '..BREAKAWAY..' between NYC and Bermuda for her innaugural season's service. Both cruise lines will berth at King's/Heritage Wharf, at the Royal Naval Dockyard complex, located at Bermuda's far west-end. There are excellent, reasonably convenient and relatively inexpensive public transportation connections between Dockyard and all of the '..rest of Bermuda---25-45 very pleasant minutes by bus (with spectacular water views along most of the route).to Bermuda's magnificent south shore beaches...a very pleasant 20 minute ferry ride across the Great Sound and through Hamilton Harbour to downtown Hamilton...a very pleasant 45 minute ferry ride along Bermuda's north shore, around her eastern shore and into Saint George's Harbour at Bermuda's far east-end.

If you can't decide which cruise to take...then take whichever one provides the most port time IN Bermuda. I don't care how nice the or new the cruise ship is, how good the cruise is...or how many selections there are at the '..all-you-can-eat-buffet on the Lido deck......BEING in BERMUDA is BETTER.

Cranbury, New Jersey
reviews: 53
3. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

Hi yogiNewJersey,

We are off to Bermuda for the 7th time, Third or fourth to Bermuda on Celebrity Cruise lines.

NCL Breakaway from NY to Bermuda will cost the most because it is a brand new ship and has some innovative new bells and whistles.

Royal Caribbean (does 5 nights) to Bermuda from right here at Cape Liberty in Bayonne and spends 2 full days docked at Kings wharf- Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas also does a 9 night Eastern Caribbeam with its first port of call one full day in Bermuda (then on to St Maarten Puerto Rico and Labadee) Also leaving from Cape Liberty is Celebrity Summit- if you like luxury, their tagline is..."Modern Luxury". I would say each line has its own vibe. I have sailed out of the area a dozen times with kids through their teens (and are now early 20s), I can help you navigate the confusion, but im not sure I can post my email address here!?? (Can I?) Im confident on either RC or Celebrity your family will have a wonderful and memorable vacation!

Edited: 3:38 pm, April 09, 2013
Media, Pennsylvania
reviews: 27
4. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

Last summer my mother and I did a cruise to Bermuda. We took Royal Caribbean and absolutely loved it. We set sail in late August and we had a 7 day cruise. That gave us two 1/2 days and a full day in Bermuda. We set up a wonderful snorkeling excursion right from the RC website when we booked our cruise. The only down side is that we ended up in Bermuda on Sunday with Monday being a holiday so a lot of places on the island were closed but we still did a lot of site seeing.

I did a quick search on the RC website for a Bermuda cruise from NY or NJ for 7 days and they do have a couple options. Even more if you are willing to leave from Baltimore or go in a different month.

Marlton, New Jersey
5. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

Hi I would definitely us a travel agent. We have used www.tourtheseas.com for our last few cruise going again in July. Matt was able to get us some on board credits for our last cruise. Hope you find a nice cruise and enjoy you vacation.

Massachusetts
reviews: 1
6. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

We just returned fromthe NCL cruise to Bermuda (from Boston)

The NCL pier is under construction so they are tendering in port

If all things are equal otherwise, I woiuld take the non-NCL cruise

It was a little inconvenient

Dover, Delaware...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

The NCL pier is now open. We just returned from there yesterday on the Breakaway.

8. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

Jeffrey, how was your cruise on the Breakaway? We'll be on her in two weeks.

Jackson, New Jersey
reviews: 33
9. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

We are going from Baltimore in June. Bermuda is a wonderful place we went in Oct . we join cruise critic also it the best site ever for cruise info .

Columbia, Maryland
reviews: 67
10. Re: Help on Bermuda cruise

Cruise Critic is fantastic. I am now addicted to two travel sites. :)

I agree that if you can't decide between Royal Caribbean and Norwegian, go with the ship that's in Bermuda the longest. We just spent 3 days in Bermuda on the Grandeur of the Seas and I feel like it wasn't enough time. I agree with KDK--the buffet food on the ship could never compare to having another Rum Swizzle or afternoon on the beach in Bermuda.

Get answers to your questions about Bermuda