We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

Prevost, Canada
Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

Hi,

I was making some research as we are going to be in Bermuda 3 days next week, the 9, 10 and 11.

I thought day passes bus & Ferries were great, but when i downloaded the latest Ferry schedules, it mentions effective April 15....

Does anyone know if that means Ferries are not in effect traveling ? I was counting on the Orange line to save lots of time Vs Buses to go from King's wharf and get to Tobacco Beach...

Thanks for any feedback.

Atlanta
1. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

I need Ferry schedule for week of the 7th also. I know it's on a limited schedule till the 15th.

I believe link is not available for prior service dates, so I'll get one when we land.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
2. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

According to the info I have, Orange service resumes on April 8th. Can't say how accurate that is.

Ferries run year round with the exception of the Orange, St George's ferry. There's not a huge change in either the bus or ferry timetables for the other runs.

Edited: 10:08 am, April 04, 2013
USA
reviews: 3
3. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

The new 2013 SUMMER FERRY SCHEDULE goes into effect with first-run-of-the-day on MONDAY, APRIL 15th and continues until last-run-of-the-day on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd, 2013.

This means that the '..seasonal..' ORANGE--Dockyard-Saint George's route ferry service will not begin until Monday, April 15th. There will be NO Orange--Dockyard-Saint George's route ferry service until April 15th.

As noted above, with the exception of re-starting '..seasonal..' Orange route service, there aren't really any substantive changes to the remainder of bus and ferry route schedules.

2013--SUMMER FERRY SCHEDULE--April 15th-thru-November 3rd, 2013--

seaexpress.bm/Documents/…202013.pdf

Edited: 11:00 am, April 04, 2013
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

The winter ferry schedule was effective from Nov. 5 to April 7 according to the copy that I have and there is a note stating that the Orange service would recommence on April 8th 2013 Who knows which is correct?

USA
5. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

Could be.....but the published 2103 Summer Ferry Schedule indicates APRIL 15th....the 2nd Monday in April. Scrolling back through Summer Ferry Schedules for the past few years (back to 2008), they've all gone into effect on the 2nd Monday of April.

USA
6. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

With apologies....the 15th is the 3rd Monday in April....but over the past few years the earliest the Summer Ferry Schedule has gone into effect is the April 11th.

Atlanta
7. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

I will find out when GET there & try to post.

2more days and I haven't packed!!!!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
8. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

The 8th would be the 2nd Monday, we'll be there next week too so maybe we'll know for sure!!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
9. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

Just looking at the fares and it seems as though the prices of the 1 - 7 day passes have all been increased but now include the Pink Ferry.The monthly pass @ $55 hasn't changed but now seems to include the pink ferry once again. Cash fares are also given, does this mean that they will now accept cash on the ferries? There's nothing to say that they won't.

Edited: 4:02 pm, April 04, 2013
Prevost, Canada
10. Re: Ferry sched - Effective Apr15 - how about nxt week Apr 9-11?

Thanks for your info... I really really hope the orange will be active as it saves lots of traveling time compared to buses. Going from King's Wharf to Tobacco bay so much faster with orange Ferry.

Plus we get to see another view of the island by Ferry.... hopefully it will be active.

I will check as soon as we arrive with the information bureau.

Leaving in 2 days ! who hoooo ! first trip to BERMUDA ! YAAYYY

:-)