We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most beautiful restaurant

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
reviews: 99
Most beautiful restaurant

From my understanding Bermuda has a number of solid dining choices - never been there - but for me the esthetics of the restaurant are just as important as the food; are there any restaurants that stand out? Use whatever you like to define what you think makes it unique, just want to see interesting places while I'm on the island. Thanks in advance for any ideas - staying at the fairmont southhampton.

USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

Not sure what your criteria are for "..esthetics.." might involve but check out COCONUTS or OCEAN ECHO at The Reefs Hotel--the first a covered deck, built into the living rock, situated a few feet above and back from the surf...or a dining terrace on the clifftop with spectacular south shore ocean views-- http://thereefs.com/dine.php

--or--the WATERLOT INN, located down on the water below the Fairmont Southampton Hotel for as elegant a dining venue as you'll find in Bermuda-- fairmont.com/southampton-bermuda/…

--or TOM MOORE'S TAVERN, out in Hamilton Parish (NOT city) at the edge of the Walsingham '..jungle..'-- http://www.tommoores.com/

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
2. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

The Frog and Onion is in a spectacular building in the Dockyard, worth seeing. I doubt whether there is anything like it in Myrtle Beach.

You say "most beautiful" in your title but then talk about "interesting" so not sure what you are really looking for.

Edited: 11:19 am, March 29, 2013
Atlanta
3. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

Inquire at Fairmount if they have dinning on their beach by tiki

torch

USA
4. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

>>>...Inquire at Fairmount if they have dinning on their beach by tiki...<<<

The on-the-beach dining option at the Fairmont Southampton Hotel goes by the term, "...Bermuda Moon Dance..."

fairmont.com/southampton-bermuda/…

For the most private and intimate beach-dining experience, CAMBRIDGE BEACHES offers a private-island dining option...in addition to an on-the-beach dining at the resort. . Cost is commensurate with the privacy.

London, United...
reviews: 43
5. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

Lido at Elbow Beach looks GREAT and the food and service is not too bad either. Waterlot also has lovely aesthetics. Blu has the best atmosphere at sunrise as the view is breathtaking. I find the food average but would still go back for the view.

Myrtle Beach, South...
6. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

Thanks everyone. From what I've read Bermuda doesn't have outstanding food but there are great places to eat. A buddy says I have to eat at Ascot's but that's about all I know.

USA
7. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

>>>...From what I've read Bermuda doesn't have outstanding food....A buddy says I have to eat at Ascot's but that's about all I know....<<<

Much depends on your definition of, "..outstanding..". You'll find food in Bermuda that runs the range from '..good..' to '..very good..'. But it's no accident that there aren't any Michelin-starred restaurants in Bermuda. It's not so much that there aren't skilled and inventive chefs in Bermuda; it's more a question of their ready access to the best and freshest ingredients. If you want '..great..' food, then change your flight arrangements for ones that terminates at CDG instead of BDA. Paris has better restaurants; Bermuda has better beaches. Everything's a trade off.

Nuthin' wrong with your buddy's recommendation for ASCOT'S at the Royal Palms Hotel, at the edge of downtown Hamilton--

http://www.ascots.bm/

Myrtle Beach, South...
8. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

KDKSAIL, I understand and agree. Not coming for the food, coming for the island.

Atlanta
9. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

I AGREE, Island first place, wine second place (or rum), food 3rd!!

Mascots is a lovely restaurant, have eaten there many times & never left disappointed.

Boston
10. Re: Most beautiful restaurant

I would think the most beautiful restaurant in Bermuda is the one taking in the best view. So maybe the food shack at Horseshoe Bay Beach... But seriously, there is a lot of good places to eat with lovely views. The restaurants at many of the resorts, Coconuts, Beau Rivage, Cambridge Beaches, Pompano, etc. Or maybe the Dining Room at Gibbs. Or something on Front Street overlooking the harbour. So many great options.