We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shelton, Connecticut
trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

My husband and I are planning a trip in mid October and are considering Bermuda. We have been to Turks & Caicos a few times and loved it but would like to experience something new but also don't want to be disappointed after having been on the beautiful beaches of T & C. We usually rent a place that has a kitchen so that we can cook some of our meals. Are there these type of accommodaions available in Bermuda that are near/on a beach and is it fairly easy to get groceries and liquor and supplies? We love to spend our days on the beach, so beautiful and uncrowded beaches are very important to us--will the water temp still be warm in mid-October? Any info would be appreciated.

USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

Ocen Water Temps. during October will tend to run in a range from the mid-to-high-70º (warmer early in the moth, cooling later) and general just fine for extended periods swimming and watersports.

BERMUDA CLIMATE DATE--

http://www.weather.bm.

There is an excellent inventory of fine 'self-catering', private rental properties available in Bermuda. You should check out these first-rate, entirely reputable and reliable agencies for selection, rates and availability...predicated on your own personal preferences, priorities, special needs and BUDGET--

BERMUDA RENTALS--

http://www.bermudarentals.com/

BERMUDA GETAWAY--

http://www.bermudagetaway.com/

You might also check out the listings of--

HOME AWAY--

www.homeaway.com/search/keywords:Bermuda

VRBO--

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/caribbean/bermuda

with some additional inventory but a lot of duplicatations of those also offered through Bermuda Rentals.

Given your preference for, "..near/on a beach.." you should probably be looking for alternatives in the '..CENTRAL.' portion of Bermuda, in Warwick, Southampton parishes and some of the near '..WEST..' properties in Sandys Parish.

You should also orient and familiarize yourself with Bermuda's layout and relative locations--

BERMUDA--Handy Reference Map--(Orientation, layout, relative locations)

gotobermuda.com/uploadedFiles/GetHere/MapsAn…

There wil be supmarkets and mini-mart/convenience stores conveniently located along the regular travel and public transportation routes to/from almost everywhere in Bermuda.

With the possible exception of Horseshoe Bay when there are cruise ships berthed in Bermuda, spectacularly beautiful, UN-crowded beaches are the '..norm..', rather than the exception in Bermuda.

As for '..disappointment..'...I can't imagine anyone being the least bit '..disappointed..' in Bermuda and all that she has to offer...but there's no accounting for individual preferences and tastes. Bermuda is incredibly beautiful, has magnificent beaches, is safe, friendly, hospitable and genuinely '..comfortable..'. Frankly, Bermuda is the '..gold standard..' upon which these things are compared.

Shelton, Connecticut
2. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

Thank you for your very helpful information. We will definitely look into Bermuda further with the resources you listed. Thanks again.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 28
3. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

My wife and I have been to Turks last year and Bermuda this year. Turks had more magnificent beaches by far. Sorry to say but that is the truth!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

The OP doesn't want to be disappointed by the beaches on Bermuda according to her post. Are you advising her to go elsewhere, even back to T & C, or do you think that Bermuda's beaches are beautiful enough even if they fall short of beaches in T & C? I would be interested to know what makes one set of beaches more desirable than another set.

I'm asking because we go to Cape Cod every year, a very different setting from the beaches of Bermuda, for instance. However we wouldn't dream of comparing them in either a positive or negative way. They are just different but equally as beautiful in their own way.

Even to compare the Cape in its entirety with Bermuda would be less than useful. Very different from each other but both very special to us.

New Jersey
reviews: 30
5. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

The beaches in Bermuda are beautiful.

Don’t go in assuming that Bermudas beaches are going to look like the beaches in T&C and you won’t be disappointed. There are many beautiful, uncrowded beaches in Bermuda.

If interested, here are some pictures from my last trip:

…blogspot.com/2012/06/so-ill-be-sailing-on-o…

USA
6. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

Well...I suppose that everything's relative. Visit Bermuda's magnificent south shore beaches in mid-February, during the winter/off season, hoping for a stereotypical '..island/beach..' experience and I suppose one might well be '..disappointed..'.

Bermuda's beaches tend to be different than many other destinations...but to even suggest that Bermuda's beaches are not positively magnificent would be UTTER RUBBISH.

But it's easy enough to do a simple Google IMAGES search--"..Bermuda Beaches.."--and judge for yourself. What ya' see in the images is pretty much what ya' get...the only qualification being that the photos can't do proper justice to the phact.

charleston, sc
reviews: 7
7. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

I thought Bermuda had the most beautiful water of any place I have ever been, including Hawaii, Mexico, Grand Cayman, etc.

North Carolina
8. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

been to both and like you beaches and water are very important to us. Liked the island of Bermuda way better.

Liked the sand and water better in Providenciales but was not dissapointed with the Bermuda beaches which are unique. We went in August which was quite crowded on many of the beaches besides Horeshoe. Since we like warm water and spend a lot of time in the water mid October is cutting it close for us. Weatherbm says the mean water temp for October from 1949-1999 is 76.8 and the high temp is 79+. Also they say October has the highest rainfall amount at over 6 inches. My wife would not go back to Prove but would go back to Bermuda.. October would be less crowded. So thinking about what would make the OP a happy trip I think they should also consider a Bahama Out Island such as Exuma

9. Re: trying to decide--1st time to Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 09, 2014