We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Bermuda

Boston...
Dining in Bermuda

My husband and I are planning a trip to Bermuda and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on what to expect to spend per day dining out? We'd typically have breakfast, a light lunch or snack and dinner and probably a couple of drinks, at a casual restaurant.

Boston
reviews: 3
11. Re: Dining in Bermuda

2 to 3 times the price of eating in NYC?!?! Where are you eating? I do not find Bermuda to be much more expensive than eating out in nice restaurants in Boston. But we certainly do not that the views in Boston that say Blu, Coconuts or Beau Rivage have... I have had some very nice meals in Bermuda, from inexpensive, to moderate to expensive. You just need to do some research. The Pizza specials at Rustico are always delicious and a great deal.. Some of the Pub Grub at the Swizzle Inn, combined with swixzzles of course, is fun and tasty. Bermuda Fish chowder in many places on the island always hits the spot. Or as KDKSail always says, get take out from Miles Market and eat overlooknig the water somewhere, pretty cheap, and very special...

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
12. Re: Dining in Bermuda

There is a lot of mis-information out there concerning the cost of a Bermuda vacation. Yes, it's possible to spend a great deal of money, as you can anywhere, but it's also possible to enjoy this beautiful island on a fairly low budget if you take the time to do some research. As bostonspider said there are plenty of reasonable cost places to eat and you don't have to choose the most expensive item on the menu even in the higher priced places. Lots of accommodation to choose from, again for most budgets. Yes, there will be compromises to be made but isn't that true for most of us at most places?

Personally, I don't go to Bermuda for the food or for that matter the accommodation. It's the overall experience of the island which attracts me whether eating fast food or splurging on a meal. Staying in a $700+ a night hotel room or a $150 a night apartment.

Central Florida
reviews: 100
13. Re: Dining in Bermuda

For Breakfast, if you are in the Middle road area west of Hamilton, there is Island Cuisine! Great breakfasts, lunches and dinners at Bermudian prices. Flannigan's Pub, upstairs on front street has great grog and excellent food at reasonable prices (for Bermuda) The Lobster Pot in Hamilton, a little way up from the Hamilton Princess, has always been good. If you are there on a Sunday, do not miss the Sunday Brunch at Fourways Inn! It is to die for, and last time was around 30 bucks a head for the best food around. In town, as previously stated, the "SPOT" is a great place for breakfast or lunch, but all the locals eat there, so expect crowds, best to hit it off breakfast or lunch hours. The Swizzle inns (two locations) one out by Horseshoe bay, and one just on this side of the Causeway out to St. George's, are very good. For Italian, Tio Peppe's (also near horseshoe bay) is very good. If you are heading out to St. David's, stop at the Black Horse Tavern for the "BEST FISH SANDWICH ON PLANET EARTH!!!" The fish chowder's not bad either.

14. Re: Dining in Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2014