We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Bermuda

Boston...
Dining in Bermuda

My husband and I are planning a trip to Bermuda and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea on what to expect to spend per day dining out? We'd typically have breakfast, a light lunch or snack and dinner and probably a couple of drinks, at a casual restaurant.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Dining in Bermuda

If you click on restaurants in the green line at the top of this page this will give you some idea of menus and price ranges in a number of restaurants. Will you be staying in an a hotel or renting? If in a hotel will you look into buying a possible meal plan? If renting will you have some of your meals in the rental? How much breakfast do you eat? Cooked? Coffee and toast? Do you eat a three course dinner or settle for the main course usually?

USA
2. Re: Dining in Bermuda

This list will give you some idea of prices at Bermuda's restaurants. At the low end of the scale you can check out the menus and pricing at places like the PARAQUET RESTAURANT, SPECIALTY INN or The SPOT...then up from there

BER$MUDA RESTAURANTS LIST--(up-dated 03/07/12)--

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147255-i208-k5224…

New Jersey
reviews: 30
3. Re: Dining in Bermuda

I'm not going to sugar coat it. If you are eating out for every meal expect to spend A LOT.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Dining in Bermuda

That's why I asked karenac a lot of questions. For instance if she is like me and usually only eats a main course then dinner can be quite reasonable especially if you choose one of the excellent lower price restaurants. However if you have three courses, wine with the meal and perhaps a drink before then obviously the cost mounts. Especially if you are doing that every night and not just for a special occasion.

Same with breakfast. Some toast or a muffin with coffee as opposed to a "full English". If you want a full, sit down and be served lunch with drinks then it's obviously going to be more than a take out sandwich or some prepared food from one of the supermarkets.

Boston...
5. Re: Dining in Bermuda

Thank you all, for the information. I checked out the link that KDKSAIL posted and was able to look at a lot of the menus. Overall, I think it's going to be an expensive trip!

USA
6. Re: Dining in Bermuda

While it's certainly been true that Bermuda has had a reputation for '..expensive..'...there are compensations that create a great deal of genuine '..added value..'. In peat, this '..added value..' comes in the form of incredible natural beauty and access. As example, Bermuda very best beaches are all entirely public and free to all. They are spectacularly scenic, un-crowded and entirely free of peddlers, pestering you to purchase native '..trinkets 'n trash..' (with 'Made in China' stamped on the bottom). Bermuda is genuinely friendly and hospitable. Tourists tend to be warmly welcomed '..guests..' rather than 'sheep' to be fleeced. Bermuda is a remarkably safe and '..comfortable..' destination, that you can go out 'n about,...explore, experience and enjoy...at almost anywhere, at almost anytime of day or night....not just your security-patrolled, gated '..resort..' property. Perhaps the most '..threatened..' that you'll ever feel in Bermuda is at the beach or pool.....when you discover that the SPF number on your tanning lotion isn't nearly high enough.

So when you look at the prices on a restaurant menu...think about these '..added value..' recompense.....and tell yourself that the reason you're not ordering that extra dessert is because of the '..expense..'......rather than pushing you over your '..point..' count on the Weight Watchers daily calculation....or that it'll mean an hour's extra workout in the fitness center...rather than an extra hour lying on a pink sandy beach or on a chaise by the hotel pool.

Edited: 10:16 pm, March 25, 2013
Atlanta
7. Re: Dining in Bermuda

Dear Karenac of Boston,

Please understand that wherever YOUR accommodations are, May well be an MAP meal plan that can be quite enjoyable as well as accommodating.........or you could get a rental unit self efficiency and save for breakfast & or lunch!

West Orange, New...
reviews: 42
8. Re: Dining in Bermuda

I think Bermuda is twice or 3 times the price of eating in New York City and in my opinion the food isn't very good, no matter what you pay. I'm sure others might feel differently about the taste. We have gone to 2 Indian restaurant and they gave us pita bread instead of nann.... not 1 but 2 different places. Not very Indian.

New Jersey
reviews: 30
9. Re: Dining in Bermuda

Tony - I agree. I find the food in Bermuda to be overpriced and average. I haven’t had any exceptional meals in Bermuda, but I haven’t had any bad meals persay either.

I haven’t been to many of the high end places though. Blu and Lobster Pot have great reviews.

Washington DC...
reviews: 219
10. Re: Dining in Bermuda

We live in the DC area and are glad we chose MAP at our resort.