We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bermuda Rentals

reviews: 24
Bermuda Rentals

Hi,

My wife and I are looking for a relaxing stay in Bermuda, hopefully in a property very close to beautiful beaches. We've seen some options on Bermudarentals.com and wanted to ask if anyone has some details of the properties we're looking at. The information on their site is not very detailed in terms of exact locations, and we've read from some other helpful poss on here that many of the estimates relating to distance and journey times are rather exaggerated!

The properties we're looking at are C30 & C45. Any "insider" knowledge would be really gratefully appreciated as we fell like we're taking a stab in the dark on this one!

Many thanks in advance.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Bermuda Rentals

There are frequent bus stops along all the major bus routes so you can be sure that you will not be far from a bus stop. I don't think that any of us have ever suggested that there is any attempt to deceive by bermudarentals when it comes to distances. It is a reputable company. However ten minutes can be a long walk for some people especially in hot humid weather and having to tackle a hill. The times may be completely accurate or they may be a rough guess.

Unless you have mobility problems I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited: 7:36 pm, March 13, 2013
USA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Bermuda Rentals

Bermuda Rentals is a wholly reputable and reliable agency. Most of what you see or read in their property descriptions are spot-on. But having said this, the only area of their descriptions that I've ever had the least '..quibble..' with are their travel time and distance estimates. It isn't that they "..exaggerate.." or mis-state these things...it's just that they don't always take the '..variable..' into consideration. I suppose they figure that reasonable adults can make their own estimates. As an example, if you see a listed property with spectacular hilltop views...that property is actually going to be on an actual hilltop...which means that the same distance going down that hill, well rested at the beginning of the day is gonna' seem like a much longer distance goin' back UP that same hill at the end of a long hot day out 'n about (carrying the extra weight of pink beach sand and SPF tanning lotion)....500 yards UP-hill can be a whole lot longer than 500 yards DOWN-hill. It's also true that most people are in '..average..' physical condition...which in real-life usually translates to at least slightly '..out-of-shape..'...often walking no farther than from end-to-end and back at their local shopping mall every once-in-a-while. Ya' can't blame Bermuda Rentals for that '..variable..'.

3. Re: Bermuda Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 16, 2014