We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bermuda

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
Bermuda

Where is everybody? No new posts for almost four days. Anybody out there want to ask a question, even a daft one?

Where are all you people who wanted to know about various rentals? Did you choose one? We would like some feedback as it helps others who may be looking for the same information.

How about some trip reports? I really like those as long as you make some paragraphs if they are long. Don't like too much negativity unless it's something really serious!!!

I'm looking forward to April and doing some research into new places to see and things to do.

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
31. Re: Bermuda

As a followup... I wore short-sleeves during the day with shorts, and jeans/pants in the evening. The weather was warm but the wind was relentless so it was sometimes hard to sit outside and relax. I swam in the cold ocean but because of the waves I couldn't see the wreck offshore as I snorkeled. After 5-6 feet deep I couldn't see the bottom anymore. I did however enjoy swimming in the caves at Grotto Bay! Our warm bodies mixing with the cold water made it tough to snorkel in there as well but looking up was much cooler anyways. I will write a review once I have more free time. Hit up the Swizzle in 3 times and the Pickled Onion in Hamilton as well and loved everything I ate.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
32. Re: Bermuda

Good to hear from you. Look forward to your trip report.

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
33. Re: Bermuda

The review is posted already, just wrote it last night! Haven't done a proper trip report but did a thorough review of the Grotto Bay hotel. Titles "4 nights in March"

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 8
34. Re: Bermuda

I do! I am coming to Bermuda in mid-April for one day of week and two days of play. I've never been there before. Two friends are joinin

G me. I believe we are staying at the. Mid-Ocean Club. I would ideas and advice on the best restaurants, bars and must sees. We are all in our 40s and rarely go away without kids!

Thank you!

35. Re: Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, March 31, 2013
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
36. Re: Bermuda

Start by taking a look at the green line at the top of the page, restaurants, things to do etc. come back with any specific questions. Did you mean that you would be working for one day and then would have two free days? You could also use the search bar to check other posts which answer much the same questions.

Ohio
reviews: 15
37. Re: Bermuda

I was doing an internet search because, as the weather has finally started to turn in Ohio my worst nightmare of bees/wasps/hornets will soon be returning (I'm allergic)-and I found a blog post from someone in 2011 that said in mid-April there had been a huge influx of bees, even in town. Is this common/are there more of the stinging insects prevalent on Bermuda than one might expect anywhere else in the US?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
38. Re: Bermuda

I, personally, have had no experience with stinging insects of any kind on Bermuda, but I'm not there in the hottest months so I can't help you. I imagine that there are bees, for pollination, but I don't know about wasps and hornets. Never met a mosquito there either if that's any help. I assume that you have looked into carrying an EpiPen with you or taking other precautions.

Edited: 2:17 pm, April 01, 2013
USA
reviews: 3
39. Re: Bermuda

>>>....my worst nightmare of bees/wasps/hornets will soon be returning (I'm allergic)-and I found a blog post from someone in 2011 that said in mid-April there had been a huge influx of bees, even in town....<<<

Not sure where you read or heard this but there is NO sudden influx of bees or stinging insects in Bermuda during April...or any other month of the year.

What you MAY have read or heard (and MIS-understood) is that during spring (April in particular) there MAY be a tendency toward increases in the numbers of Portuguese Man-o-War that make their way into Bermudian inshore waters. But these occurrences are usually short-lived.

The worst influxes of '..stinging..' creatures are careless tourists with cheap umbrellas on rainy days in downtown Hamilton. Those things will, "..put your eye out, kid..".

Ohio
reviews: 15
40. Re: Bermuda

most appreciated Senior & KDK - I had a feeling that there was no need to worry any further, but this was the source I had found - I thought it certainly seemed odd but thought I'd ask anyways

…spizkapa.com/2011/…

I'm quite familiar with the Portuguese Man of War, as they're prevalent enough out on Nantucket as well