We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bermuda

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
Bermuda

Where is everybody? No new posts for almost four days. Anybody out there want to ask a question, even a daft one?

Where are all you people who wanted to know about various rentals? Did you choose one? We would like some feedback as it helps others who may be looking for the same information.

How about some trip reports? I really like those as long as you make some paragraphs if they are long. Don't like too much negativity unless it's something really serious!!!

I'm looking forward to April and doing some research into new places to see and things to do.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
1. Re: Bermuda

My mistake, only two days. My sister told me the other day that Bermuda is being advertised in the U.K. more often than she's seen before. Toronto Star had the free night offers by participating hotels in the travel page this morning. Air Canada has some good seat sales.

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
2. Re: Bermuda

I booked a free night deal, flying from Buffalo for 4 nights leaving next Wednesday. I will try to write a trip report if I bring something with me otherwise I always write reviews. I plan on swimming in the Grotto Bay cave and ocean and will let you know how that works out ;) First time in Bermuda.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
3. Re: Bermuda

Is that non-stop from Buffalo or do you have to change in New York? How did the fare compare with going from YYZ? Hope you have a good time, it will be a lot warmer than it is here today that's for sure.

Gilford, New...
reviews: 18
4. Re: Bermuda

Well Senior, here I am with lots of questions :-). We are looking a at a stay in May, I have been to Bermuda a few times but it was many years ago. So here are a few questions/thoughts if you would like to help....

Would it be more economical to use Bermuda Rentals to find a place or stay at a hotel? The two hotels I used in the past are closed (belmont and a small place at Grape Bay) I wonder if a MAP dining plan at a hotel is more economical than going to dinner every night?

Stay near Hamilton or St.George? I can't for the life of me remember how long it takes to get to Hamilton or the nice beaches from St. George. We will have a moped. We plan to explore and visit beaches during the day, do some scuba diving, in the evening we hope to have dinner, a bottle of wine and not worry about driving. Is one city better than the other to have a few drinks and dinner and then walk back to

a hotel/rental?

It will just be the two of us. Any suggestions/thought?

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
5. Re: Bermuda

We have short layovers through Atlanta. It was about $150 cheaper booked with Expedia. There were no direct flights available from YYZ.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 35
6. Re: Bermuda

Considering planning a trip for our family. We have 5 kids - 21, 19. 15.15 and 6 all who love the beach and water sports. Triying to figure out the best accomodations as most hotels seem to have rooms for 2. Any suggestions?

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
7. Re: Bermuda

If you decide to stay in a hotel and want a variety of restaurants to walk to then you will be better off staying in Hamilton.

MAP may be more economical than eating out every night from a rental, but it depends what kind and size of meals that you eat. For instance, I usually only eat a main course, occasionally a dessert so the cost of my meal would be a lot less than someone ordering three courses every night.

A rental will usually be a lot more economical than a hotel. You can compare costs by looking at www.bermudagetaway.com and www.bermudarentals.com and a selection of possible hotels from the listings on the left of this page.

If you rent in St George's then you can walk to restaurants from the three places that I've stayed in through bermudagetaway. There are others of course through both agencies. A much smaller choice of restaurants than in Hamilton and far less shopping.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
8. Re: Bermuda

Fivemom, I don't know too much about hotel rooms as we always rent. Without knowing the gender of your children it's difficult to judge how many rooms that you will need. Have you taken a look at some of the hotels and compared the cost of having to pay for several rooms? I think that you will have to choose a couple of hotels that appeal to you and then ask them how they can accommodate you.

USA
reviews: 3
9. Re: Bermuda

GROTTO BAY BEACH RESORT-- http://www.grottobay.com/ --has guest rooms with two(2) Double beds per room. Children under 12 yrs. stay free (subject to Resort Levy & Gratuity) in their parents' room (or brother's or sister's rooms, I would suppose ??) and eat free from the Kid's Menu for MAP & 'all-inclusive' rate plan guests. Over-12 are considered adults for purposes of the nightly rates.

As noted above, private rental properties make an excellent and relatively economic alternative for families. In addition to lower nightly rates, with usually full self-catering facilities, families can prepare some (or all) of their own meals. The private rental agencies provided above offer a broad selection of such properties, to suit the varying requirements of families, large and small.

Bear in mind that Bermuda is the sort of place where nearly the whole of it is your '..resort..' to get out into to explore, experience and enjoy. Getting out 'n about is easy, economic and relatively convenient thanks to Bermuda's genuinely excellent public transportation--buses & ferries--system. As an example, Bermuda's very best beaches are NOT at her resorts and hotels. They are her entirely PUBLIC beaches, which are incredibly beautiful, clean, safe and usually quite UN-crowded.

Edited: 12:00 am, March 03, 2013
Gilford, New...
reviews: 18
10. Re: Bermuda

Senior, would you mind sharing the rentals you have stayed in? St. George may work for us as we don't not enjoy shopping. Then we can just explore using the moped around the island.