We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Merrimac...
Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

I am heading to Bermuda with my daughter in mid-March. I know it won't be too warm, but I am wondering what to wear--summer clothes with sweaters, or warmer clothing? Also, has anyone visited Bermuda in March-any tips?Thanks!

Bermuda
reviews: 90
1. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Bermuda is usually still a bit cool for the beach in March -- summer clothes with sweaters should be fine. Bring some long pants in case it's a bit cooler and something in case it rains. It's usually nice walking weather, so you can go shopping in Hamilton, visit the old forts at the Maritime Museum and Fort Hamilton, explore St. George's and Fort St-Catherine.

If you're looking for more social events, check out www.ntdib.com which lists a lot of the goings-on.

Edited: 4:53 pm, February 21, 2013
USA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

There's no accountin' for what weather will--or will not--do but...daytime Air Temps during mid-March may run anywhere from the low-60°s to low-70°s (6°-8° cooler in the evenings)...so it would probably be best to pack '..layers..' to accommodate the potentially changing temps.

BERMUDA CLIMATE DATA--

http://www.weather.bm/climate.asp

London, United...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Last year it was sunny from mid March onwards. It was gorgeous, people were on the beach and the wales were out in full force on south shore. However I am not sure I would come to the island in March as it can be cool and stormy. It is a gamble on the weather.

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
4. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

We have already booked for March 6-10 so hopefully we get 3 days of sun :) Will have to pack a light jacket maybe and pants. I am determined to swim in the water and snorkel to the ship just off the beach at Grotto Bay!

Merrimac...
5. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Thanks for the information. I am sure we will find lots to do, and I will keep my hopes up for a bit of warmer weather! Thanks for the link to activities. I have always wanted to visit Bermuda!

Merrimac...
6. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Sun and whales would be just perfect! I'll keep my fingers crossed for this March! Thanks!

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
7. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Well, it appears that a lot of the locals were wearing winter jackets. I even saw people in toques. We were quite comfortable in t-shirts and shorts during the day and a light jacket or long sleeved shirt in the evening.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
8. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

We Canadians are a hardy lot!! When I'm there in November/December I often see people wearing jackets that I might wear in Canada in the middle of winter.

USA
reviews: 3
9. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

Bermudians even wear thermal knee socks with their shorts.

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 73
10. Re: Bermuda in mid-March--what to wear!

If you're determined to get in the water, you will! I certainly do. The air isn't hot but the water isn't cold, at least if you're from colder climes, as I am. Best of all, Bermuda is such a great island, that there can be pluses to visiting in the off season, including better deals and fewer crowds. Best time to visit is June and September through October if you love lounging on the beach, but it's a wonderful place to explore anytime and remains my favorite island. In addition to your bathing suit, sweaters, sweatshirts and a windbreaker (water-resistant is better) are good. If the weather is good and you're comfortable trying out the scooters, they really heighten any trip there. Just be careful, stay out of town to begin with, and STAY LEFT! It's not a hard place to find your way as the island is so small, so if you get lost, just pull over, check the map and signs. Have a great trip!