We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Fairmont

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
reviews: 117
Taxi from airport to Fairmont

My first trip the the island, can't wait. If anyone knows, please let me know the wait times at the airport for taxis (just if it is diffficult) and the approximate cost to the Fairmont; we can arrange a pickup thru the hotel but would prefer a taxi. Thanks.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

Usually no wait, plenty of taxis. Which Fairmont? Southampton or Hamilton?

Taxis are metered, probably about $35 -40 plus tip to Southampton.

Edited: 2:13 pm, February 12, 2013
Myrtle Beach, South...
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

Sorry, Southampton. Hope I chose correctly with the harbor and not the ocean view.

Myrtle Beach, South...
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

Oh and sorry, Thank You. Where are my manners???

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

What do you mean by harbour or ocean view? Do you mean the room? Or the location of the hotel?

USA
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

The FAIRMONT SOUTHAMPTON HOTEL, out in Southampton Parish, on Bermuda's south shore (as opposed to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess Hotel, located at the edge of downtown Hamilton, on Hamilton Harbour) is situated atop a high '..ridge..' that runs down the center of this portion of Bermuda. The FSH has sweeping, Atlantic Ocean views from the 'front'/south side of the hotel and Great Sound & Hamilton Harbour views on the 'back'/north side of the hotel. The views are wonderful regardless...and which is best would depend on your own personal preferences.

Personally...the Great Sound & Hamilton Harbour views are more varied and '..interesting..'....with more local marine '..traffic..' passing through the Great Sound, into/out of Hamilton Harbour...with views of the western '..hook..' of Bermuda to the Royal Naval Dockyard complex, the north shore of Bermuda and toward Hamilton Harbour.

Myrtle Beach, South...
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

I meant the room view. Normally I'd always choose ocean but opted for the harbor view, think the view of Hamilton will be awesome at night.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 40
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

We got in yesterday and there were lots of available taxis. The trip from airport to hotel was about 45 mins. We took the WestJet subscribed hotel shuttle which was ok! The van was completely full with other travellers who were also visiting the FSH. We have the harbour view but couldn't see much at night (very limited street lighting). Enjoying ourselves so far and beautiful.

USA
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

>>>...We have the harbour view but couldn't see much at night...<<<

That bright '..flash..' every 10 second, to your left is the Gibbs Hill Light...Bermuda's most important '..street light..'.

9. Re: Taxi from airport to Fairmont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 15, 2014