We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing wedding vows in Bermuda

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Larne, United...
Renewing wedding vows in Bermuda

Can anyone help please? We are going to Bermuda in June and we want to renew our wedding vows. Can this be done in Bermuda and can anyone point me in direction of where to find information about it ?

I can find plenty of information about getting married in Bermuda but now Vow Renewal

Thanks

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Renewing wedding vows in Bermuda

I assume that you can renew your vows anywhere that you want as it is not a legal ceremony requiring a licence. Purely a personal occasion. If you were married in a church maybe you would like to have the "ceremony" in a church. Perhaps on the beach or on a clifftop overlooking the beach.

Do you want a minister/priest? Are you staying in a hotel? They are used to having occasions of this kind and can probably help you.

Let us know if we can help you track down more information if this is not sufficient.

Larne, United...
2. Re: Renewing wedding vows in Bermuda

We will be in Bermuda for 3 days with a cruise. We did not have a Church wedding first time but would like maybe a Church or Beach ceremony.

We can do it on the ship but it will be a group ceremony wit ther couples so was thinking maybe if we could get it done in Bermuda would be nicer.

We would like someone to officiate at it for us and not worried about photographer etc as hopefully will be someone handy to take a few pictures with our own camera for us.

Thanks

USA
reviews: 3
3. Re: Renewing wedding vows in Bermuda

For a relatively small,simple vow renewal ceremony on a Bermuda beach, there are any number of idyllic locations along Bermuda's magnificent south shore....30-35 minute taxi ride from your King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship pier. No special permits would be required One spot in particular that's very popular are the grassy cliff tops above the lovely, little ASTWOOD COVE at ASTWOOD PARK...with spectacular south shore ocean views. For such ceremonies down on the beach, many of the lovely beaches of SOUTH SHORE PARK, between the sweeping crescent of HORSESHOE BAY beach and the long thin strand at WARWICK LONG BAY beach would serve the purpose quite nicely. You've only to decide which of the many alternative spots suits might suit you best (''..this sand is too Pink...this ocean is too blue...this spot is juuuuust right...').

For an '..officiant..' at such a vow renewal ceremony, you could contact any of the many churches in Bermuda. I used to have the business card of a local taxi driver who was also an ordained minister and used to double as both transportation to and from the selected location as well an (for a modest fee)...but alas his card is lost and I can't for the life of me recall his name.

For what it's worth, these days almost anyone (even convicted felons) can be '..ordained..' on-line and print-out a lovely, ready-to-frame certificate on their home computer, from several internet '..ministries..'....add a suitably ecclesiastical 'stole' and prayer book (shoes not required) and they're good to officiate at your vow renewal..

Edited: 1:57 pm, February 10, 2013
4. Re: Renewing wedding vows in Bermuda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bermuda