We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about expiration date on passport

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
reviews: 55
Question about expiration date on passport

Hi guys.....I will be flying into Bermuda on December 31st and staying for a couple of days at the Fairmont Southampton. I am very excited about it but just realized that my passport expiration is in February 2013. I know that countries usually let you go by when it is close to the expiration date, sometimes the custom officer mentions it but they let you come into the country anyway.

I have never flown into Bermuda and was worried about their customs. Are they so strict that I could be denied entry? I am a Canadian citizen if that can help at all. Are they more strict with some countries than others. I have seen on their website that many countries need visas but not Canada and the United States.

I am not usually the kind of person that waits until the last minute but fly regularly to New York so I had a little window of time to renew it but my picture was denied and my passport was sent back just today.

Do I need to worry?

USA
reviews: 3
1. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that Bermuda doesnot have any '..6 month or less..' restrictions on US or Canadian passport holders. No visas required for Canadian passport holders. All a Canadian citizen need do upon arrival in Bermuda is display their passport (frostbite scars optional) and they're in...No fuss..no muss..no hockey sticks to prove national origin required. Your best and most definitive bet would be to contact the Bermuda Dept. of Immigration for confirmation

Montreal
2. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

My plane tickets are already bought so I will take my chances but will call next week to make sure. I don't know why I posted because even if someone tells me that my trip might be in jeopardy, I would pretty much take my chances since some of it is bought and paid for.

I can't wait to be there!

Edited: 8:28 am, December 08, 2012
USA
3. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

In the interim, you can try posing yourquestion via e-mail to confirm--

HM BERMUDA IMMIGRATION--

www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt…

Montreal
4. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

I will try to send a question with my frost bitten hands;-)

Philadelphia...
5. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

Hello. I am in the same situation with my US passport. Cricri7, what was the verdict in your case?

Montreal
6. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

I had no problem finally...I had a great vacation and loved the Fairmont Southampton. I swam in the ocean every day and relaxed!

USA
7. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

NO.....there is NO '..6 month or less..' passport restriction for holders of current/valid US or Canadian visitors...though one's passport MUST be valid for the entire term of their Bermuda visit.

Prevost, Canada
8. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

Hello, I will be on a cruise next April and passport expires next June.

I verified with the cruise ship line and they said it's ok... but for Kings' Wharf Bermuda... I understand , KDKSAIL and cricri7, the following statement we often see about the 6 months...

--Passports must be valid for six (6) months after you disembark your cruise. --

Bermuda, will not expect to see that our passport should be valid until October (6 months after April) ?

Thanks a lot for all the info posted here. I use it a lot.

Montreal
9. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

I think the cruise company could be more fussy. Recently, I tried to do my online checkin for an upcoming cruise with Holland and entered my passport that was expiring a little bit after the cruise and they refused it. I knew that I would get my new passport soon but thought that I could at least do my checkin with my old passport and change it online when I received it but the answer I got back was that they could not accept an online checkin with a passport that had less than six months left on it.

If your cruiseship company said that you are okay, I would not worry but if you have time left and are not going out of the country, maybe you should renew it just to be safe.

USA
10. Re: Question about expiration date on passport

I'm pretty sure (not 100% positive) that with cruise, The cruise line itself MAY have it's own documentation requirements. According to the '..terms of passage..' different ports-of-call, other than those listed in the published cruise itinerary, may be substituted without prior notice for any number of reasons. But this has NOTHING to do with Bermuda's entry documentation requirements.

Get answers to your questions about Bermuda