We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King's Wharf to Coco Reef

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 14
King's Wharf to Coco Reef

Thanks to this great forum, I know that we (three adult couples) can leave our cruise ship in King's Wharf and spend the day at Coco Reef. For a fee of $50 per person (I emailed them to be sure), a day pass includes a two-course lunch with complimentary glass of wine or beer, and pool and beach access with towels. Great! So now, the question. What is the best way to get from the dockyard to Coco Reef? Thanks for any help! Our cruise is in 9 days!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

You can take the #7 bus from the Dockyard. Buy a pass or some tickets at the Visitors' kiosk. Taxis are also available, will be about $30 each way. You could also spend the day at Horseshoe Bay or any other beach along the South Shore for free. You can rent chairs etc and snacks at H.B.

USA
2. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

>>>....Taxis are also available, will be about $30 each way...<<<

I suspect that the taxi fare between the King's/Heritage Wharf cruise ship berths at Dockyard and Coco Reef Resort (at the eastern end of Elbow Beach) is more likely to run in the $38-$42 range....to Horseshoe Bay, in the $28-$30 range.

The walk back into the Coco Reef Resort property (across the grounds of Bermuda College) from the regular public bus stop out on the main South Road, will be approx. 500 yards.

Edited: 11:31 am, October 02, 2012
Pittsburgh...
3. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

Thanks so much for your reply. Gives us something to consider. We do like the idea however, of having a pool and towels available. The fact that the resort includes these and also a lunch with wine, makes me think we're paying about $20 for the use of their beach, pool, etc.

Pittsburgh...
4. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

I also appreciate knowing how far the walk is from the public bus stop. Thanks!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
5. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

There's a fair walk to any of the South Shore beaches from the road sometimes involving a bit of a climb. Especially coming back up. So a taxi is not a bad idea if you have any mobility problems.

Marblehead...
reviews: 15
6. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

We were thinking the same thing, use of a resort for a day while we are in Bermuda on our cruise. Can you please let me know how this worked out for you?

thank you.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
7. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

I've answered your question on your other post. I'm always a bit surprised that anyone would choose to spend the whole day at a hotel when there is the whole of Bermuda to explore. But it's your vacation not mine so enjoy whatever you choose to do.

8. Re: King's Wharf to Coco Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 16, 2014