We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naugatuck...
Dress code

My soon to be wife and I will be staying at the reefs for our honeymoon. We just received a welcome email and I read something about a dress code. Is this just for dining there?

Generally on an island vacation I wear a t shirt, shorts and flip flops all of which they said are not permitted on the resort?

If it is just fir dining can anyone suggest some low key places to get dinner where there may not be such a strict dress code.

Thanks in advance for any help

Washington DC...
reviews: 215
11. Re: Dress code

www.pompanobeachclub.com/exchangedining.html

"The required attire at both Cambridge Beaches and The Reefs is "smart casual". Men must wear collared shirts and no one is allowed to wear jeans, jean shorts or jean jackets. Shoes must be close-toed - sandals, flip flops and sneakers are not allowed."

They are packed now and I am not digging them out. But my pretty sandals were cuter! Their loss! :)

Anyway, the menus at Pompano look so good I doubt we'll stray into the exchange anyhow.

Thanks for all your help.

Edited: 8:37 pm, September 11, 2012
Pembroke
12. Re: Dress code

That's for men. I assure you, women are not required to wear closed-toe shoes.

USA
reviews: 3
13. Re: Dress code

With apologies...then the dining roms at POMPANO BEACH CLUB are the only dining venues in Bermuda that requires closed-toed shoes for men for dinner service.

ANY restaurant--anywhere in the world--that would bar women from weraring open-toed shoes/sandals would find themselves the target of vocal demonstrations outside of their premises, sponsored by the likes of Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Salvadore Ferragamo, Prada, Fendi, etc.

Naugatuck...
14. Re: Dress code

Thank you for all the replies! (even the one referring my dress attire is suitable for Mcdonalds and IHOP ! )

I will definitely check out the places you have recommended!

I appreciate all the feedback!

Washington DC...
reviews: 215
15. Re: Dress code

The advice at Pompano for Pompano is anything goes for dinner footwear in either restaurant on property. The other advice I referenced may be from prior days when the other resorts had stiffer shoe requirements???

Having a lovely and laid back time at Pompano. No drama.

Woodstock, Ontario...
reviews: 26
16. Re: Dress code

Just got back, stayed at the Hamilton Princess, the bankers and businessmen had suits on as they do everywhere else in the world but the tourists and locals were dressed the same as you would be at home based on the type of establishment or event you are attending. We went to mid price range restaurants and nobody was in jacket and tie, you would have felt out of place if you were. And I am sure no one cared about the shoes you were wearing. No doubt there are some pricey places where people choose to dress up, again just like home. Courtesy and friendliness were offered by all we met. And that is not formality.

USA
reviews: 3
17. Re: Dress code

>>>...Just FYI- men don't need to wear knee socks with their shorts...<<<

There certainly isn't any "..need to wear knee socks with..shorts.." (nor social requirement to do so) in Bermuda or anywhere else and yet....thousands of male Bermuda residents (and some visitors) do so every day there's fair weather or foul. One sees them wearing Bermuda shorts with proper knee socks and shoes out on the streets, in business offices, stores, shops, restaurants, sporting, social and civic events, sessions of Parliament and the Supreme Court and many other activities and occasions....in banks, boardrooms, bars and at backyard BBQ's...all over Bermuda.

Reisterstown, MD
reviews: 2
18. Re: Dress code

Bermuda is NOT Ocean City Maryland ... and thank God for that.

I for one am pleased that the higher end restaurants expect you to 'dress' for dinner, even if it is just a pair of khaki shorts and a polo shirt. I would be dissappointed otherwise.

19. Re: Dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 16, 2014