We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Pitman, New Jersey
reviews: 1
Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I have tried to contact Oleander cycles two times without having my credit card charges corrected... Do i have any rights when it comes to a business outside the USA... I have also heard this is not new business for Oleander... We will told after renting from this company that they dont refund deposits..I am now trying to dispute the charges with my credit card company... DO NOT RENT FROM OLEANDER

USA
reviews: 3
21. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

In all of the years (more than three decades)...all of the times (far too many to count) we've--as well as numerous family, friends and acquaintances--rented from OLEANDER CYCLES they've NEVER charged any of us a deposit for a motor scooter rental. They've billed our credit cards for the exact amount of the agreed upon rental charges (never more...never less) as detailed on the rental agreement....for dozens upon dozens of rentals.....every single time PERIOD.

There must be more--NOT-so-minor details--to this story than is not being told.

Hamiltion
22. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Oleander overcharged me $500 and I had to fight like hell to get it back. Fortunately I was living on the Island at the time. Them not responding to emails is not shocking. In Bermuda, there is "Island time" which means they will get back to you when they feel like it, if at all. See if your card company can help you out. Hope it works out.

Hillsboro, Oregon
23. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I have used Oleander many times and have not had any problems with them. Last time the bike broke down luckily close to one of their locations and I was given another one right away.

It is difficult to get hold of them. I've tried several times to get confirmation to a rental for October 2012 but I have not heard from them yet. I'll keep trying. wolf146

Hillsboro, Oregon
24. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I have used Oleander many times and have not had any problems with them. Last time the bike broke down luckily close to one of their locations and I was given another one right away.

It is difficult to get hold of them. I've tried several times to get confirmation to a rental for October 2012 but I have not heard from them yet. I'll keep trying. wolf146

Bluffton, South...
reviews: 2
25. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Have you worked through your hotel? Oleander relies on the hotels for their business.

Hamilton ON
reviews: 1
26. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

KDK - why so angry? Your attitude may make people who have never visited Bermuda before think twice about visiting. There are lots of cheaper all-inclusive options in the Carribean for travellers who do not knwo any better.

USA
27. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

This thread involved *** UN-substantiated allegations*** of unethical business practices by a well respected local Bermuda service vendor, with a long and well deserved reputation for and history of excellent customer service, reliability and ethical business practices. Our own DECADES LONG rental and customer service experiences (as well as the actual experiences of family, friends and acquaintance too numerous to count, over this same span of decades) with Oleander Cycles clearly...UN-EQUIVOCALLY--contradict these specious allegations. During all of this span of time, and all of these GREAT MANY rental experiences with Oleander these allegations have the decided ring of omitted not-so-minor details and '..axe grinding..'.

The simple fact of the matter is that Bermudian businesses and service providers (in comparison to many other destination) have long maintained a REMARKABLY HIGH reputation for fair, honest and ethical business practices. "..people who don't know any better.." should be aware of this....and should NOT "..think twice.." about it.

Now if you've any useful information or actual experience on the ***TOPIC UNDER DISCUSSION*** or this particular vendor I'm certain that we'd all be interested to read it (??)....otherwise.....have a nice day.

Central Florida
reviews: 100
28. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

The wife and I have been going to Bermuda since 1981, and I have rented from Oleander Dozens of times, but I too had a Problem several years ago. It was a crafty employee who knew enough to wait until a new billing cycle, and then they charged a scooter to my account and I was not even on the island!!! (so it slipped past us) And the only way I found out about it was, the next time I was in Bermuda, I had a minor dispute on the Bill (Mr. Gibbons Sr, who has since passed away, took care of me) He pulled up my billing history, and showed me the price I last paid. I looked at it and said: "Now that is interesting, because I was not even on the island then" He was obviously skeptical, but a person that he knew was with me, and assured him that what I was saying was true. He took care of it on the spot, but I can just imagine what I would have gone through from off the island and through AMEX. So what I now do, even though it is a hassle, as soon as I get home, I have my card number changed on any card I use over seas. But the best bet is just to dispute it with your credit card company. If your complaint has any merit, Oleander has a reputation to live up to, and will surely do the right thing once they know about it.

USA
29. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Show me a business---any business---that does thousands of electronic transactions per week, that doesn't make an OCCASIONAL error....and I'll recommend 'em to the Vatican for corporate '..sainthood..'. But as you experienced...bring a billing problem to the attention of Oleander management (or most staff) and it will almost invariably be dealt with quickly, efficiently and mutually satisfactorily. Oleander Cycles is a first-rate organization.

Ontario
reviews: 9
30. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I had the same experience as cpaglia. We were also charged 2 extra days on our credit card, when we had paid for those days in cash. We will be disputing the charge with our cc company.