We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Which Bermuda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pitman, New Jersey
reviews: 1
Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I have tried to contact Oleander cycles two times without having my credit card charges corrected... Do i have any rights when it comes to a business outside the USA... I have also heard this is not new business for Oleander... We will told after renting from this company that they dont refund deposits..I am now trying to dispute the charges with my credit card company... DO NOT RENT FROM OLEANDER

35 replies to this topic
Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Not clear what the problem is, but to the best of my knowledge Oleander is a very reputable company. Why do you want your deposit back? Did you rent from them?

USA
2. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

>>>...I have also heard this is not new business for Oleander...<<<

Not sure where or from whom you heard this but...It's ***UTTER RUBBISH*** !!! We've (as well as dozens of family, friends and acquaintances) been renting from Oleander Cycles for DECADES and NEVER had a problem with overcharging...or anything else for that matter.

>>>I have tried to contact Oleander cycles two times without having my credit card charges corrected...<<<

WHAT exactly are the not-so-minor-details and nature of the "..over charge.." ??

HOW exactly have you been trying to contact them ?? Telephone?? e-mail??..rubbish posts on TA?? The name of the General Manager of Oleander Cycles is ERIC TROTT, located at the Valley Road, Paget HQ. Telephone or e-mail Mr. Trott DIRECTLY with the details of your problem along with the rental date(s) and the Customer # (from the upper right corner of the PINK copy of your rental agreement). IF you actually have been overcharged, he will certainly deal with it quickly and efficiently.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
3. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Call your credit card issuer.

Atlanta, GA
reviews: 18
4. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I agree wtih KDK. We have rented from Oleander for years without any problems. In fact they've gone out of their way to be accomodating when you have a question or problem. Once we rented a bike and it had a problem and they gave us another bike that was more expensive to rent and didn't charge us for the higher amount. Don't know why but I'm always wary of first time posters that only come on to complain.

Philadelphia...
5. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Agree with the last 2 posters. Oleander has the BEST cycles and the customer service by far. We have rented with other companies in the past, mainly because of convenience to our location, and they have not been as good.

Also note that we both ride motorcycles and are VERY picky about the bikes we rent. Oleander's are the most powerful and best we've rented in Bermuda.

Pembroke
6. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Many transactions involving deposits result in those deposits being non-refundable for sensible, business reasons. In any event, it seems pretty obvious that you are not disclosing all the circumstances that have led to this dispute.

Oleander is a very reputable company and the manner in which you've suggested otherwise is bordering on defamation. Or maybe you hold the prejudice that since we're a small, unfamiliar country, things here must be corrupt and we're a bunch of thieves looking to rip off unsuspecting tourists....?

Pitman, New Jersey
7. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

WELL, Here i am cheated out of money from Oleander, only to find out i have to defend myself from people who have not been effected from this transaction... I find it appalling that KDKSAIL with over 21,000 post (most about Bermuda travel) who without a doudt works for Bermuda travel in some way can attack travlers who unfortunately had a mishap during there trip... I am NOT the first person to be attacked by him...( I did a little research) He also refers people to Oleander often... I also run a business for the last 25 years in the US, so i know it is my job at the beginning of ever day(as a owner) to check on all business done the day before... I find it hard to believe that whoever is doing the batch out on the credit card machine would not notice that refunds for the prior day have not been made... I thought this web site gave travelers the chance to post thier experience from their travels..(without being attacked) This was my first post ever and i travel every 6-12 weeks.. This was my 4th trip to Bermuda in the last 3 years. I have never had a problem with my travels before.I am a very fair person. If i am refunded my deposit i will post it. I am a 45 years old and have been around the world. KDKSAIL get off the computer and get a life... really

Greenville, North...
8. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

I'd be interested to know who you heard from that told you Oleander does not offer refunds when appropriate. You seem passionate about your claim so I don't doubt you have a grievance. There's no need to defend yourself, nobody is attacking you. I would have been somewhat assured by the previous posters that your concerns will be dealt with by Oleander. Give it time, I hope your situation is resolved.

The other side of that coin you tossed about freely posting here also gives people the opportunity to slander a company for percieved grievances that may or may not have happened, so don't be suprised when people counter-post when they have had overwhelmingly opposite encounters with a retailer.

USA
9. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

>>>WELL, Here i am cheated out of money from Oleander<<<

It's STIILL curious that your CLAIM of being "..overcharged.." and "..cheated.." STIIL has NOT produced so much as a single, not-so-minor detail of the ALLEGED offense ??....yet you've plenty of time for tedious personal attack and insult.

WHERE / FROM WHOM did you 'hear', ".. this is not new business for Oleander.." ?? A great many others, who've been doing business with Oleander for years haven't '..heard..' it. So it's no wonder that the allegation sounds at least '.. suspicious..'....and frankly ***UTTER RUBBISH***.

Did you actually rent a motor scooter or bicycle from OLEANDER?? or NOT ?? It's not a difficult question. You either did or did not. So what EXACTLY was the nature of the "..deposit.." that was allegedly "..overcharged.." ?? How much was the alleged 'overcharge' ??

You keep running on about a "..deposit..' ("..We will told after renting from this company that they dont refund deposits..") but in all of the many times that we've (as well as numerous family, friends and acquaintances) rented from OLEANDER over the past several decades, they've ***NEVER*** charged a '..deposit..' against our credit cards (on numerous occasions, resevations have been made weeks/months ahead...so no question of 'billing cycles') At the completion of the rental, they've chrged our credit cards for the amount of the rental (most recently July 2012). In decades past, Oleander used to charge a separate helmet(s) & lock deposit, which was returned immediately upon return of the moped or scooter with both helmet(s) & lock.

How exactly have you. "..tried to contact Oleander cycles two times.." about this complaint ??...telephone ??..e-mail ??...fax ??...post ?? Since your original post, have you tried to contact Mr. ERIC TROTT, the GM of Oleander Cycles, DIRECTLY ?? If so what was the result ?? Oleander is a large cycle livery and it is possible that a simple billing error has occured. If you have actually "..run a business for the last 25 years.." then this simple fact-of-life should be self-evident. If a billing error has occured, Oleander will certainly resolve the matter quickly and efficiently....but I rather doubt that they are going to respond to a wholey UN-documented, UN-supported, anonymoronic rant on an internet message forum. If it seems to you that participants to this forum find your claim colorable; I doubt that any reputable business will find it any less so.

It certainly seems that attempting to deal DIRECTLY with those who can resolve the problem would be a damned sight more productive....**IF** you actually have a valid claim to make (??).

>>>...KDKSAIL get off the computer and get a life... really...<<<

Funny that. I participate on this forum to provide INFORMATION and I'll stand by the 'record' to support that claim. BUT...it's certainly true that I don't suffer fools gladly....and damned fools not at all.

Silver Spring...
10. Re: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?

Does anyone have an email address for Oleander Cycles in Bermuda.

I recently made a reservation for Oct and want to make a change. I could call them from the states, but I'm guessing that would be an expensive phone call. Their website does not have an email address.

Reply to: Oleander Cycles Over Charged on my Credit Card ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted