We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba and snorkeling

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neptune Beach...
reviews: 6
scuba and snorkeling

does anyone know of a tour where my boyfriend can scuba dive and I can snorkel.. I am not certified and just happy to be in the ocean. Thanks.

Sandi in VA

Springfield
1. Re: scuba and snorkeling

Many of the SCUBA operators on the Island combine SCUBA and Snorkle trips....but not all of the sites lend themselves to both. The Antillia is one site that comes to mind where SCUBA and Snokleing can be done. It is a wreak that is at 40" with some of the superstructure at the surface. The best bet is to ask the diferent operators which sites they visit are compatible with both SCUBA and Snorkleing. If you do a general internet search for Aruba SCUBA you will find most of the available operators.

Oklahoma
reviews: 4
2. Re: scuba and snorkeling

There are 2 or 3 operators, "Unique Sports", "Red Sail Sports", and I think "Pelican" that dock at the peer on the south side of the Radison Beach Resort on Eagle beach.

I don't know for sure if they mix scuba and snorkel groups on the same boat trip, but I can't see why it would matter... Usually at the wreck of the Antilla (the best spot to go) there are usually 2 to 4 boats moored there at any given time, and both divers and snorkelers in the water together...

One option for both you and your boyfriend is to "Snuba". I took my wife underwater for the first time at the Antilla wreck last week. We booked an afternoon snorkel trip through De Plam Tours with an upgrade to Snuba one of the two sites. We had the option to Snuba a shallow reef, or the Antilla wreck. We snorkeled the reef (which was Ok), then Snuba'd the wreck. By the way, De Plam Tours will pick you up where you're staying, take you to the peer, and drop you off afterward.

I had been to the Antilla earlier in the week to scuba, so I knew what to expect. There's plenty to see just going down to 20'. Basically, Snuba is where two people have an air hose/regulator that is 20' long connected to the same tank that floats on the surface. You both can swim all the way around the wreck at 20' deep. It's big, about the size of a football field. There is a divemaster in full scuba gear to guide and assist you both.

I highly recommend it as your first time underwater.

3. Re: scuba and snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 20, 2009