We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused like hell.

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
confused like hell.

I am trying to plan my honeymoon to Aruba for the July 4th weekend in 2005. I AM SOOO confused. every site tries to rate these hotels. i dont know what they are rated on. i would like to stay in a nice place but am not keen on a place with nightclubs or a gym. are they rated on service or amenities? we would like to stay on the beach and will go out to explore the island. Also what about all these All inclusives. Both of us are vegitarians and are not big drinkers, is it worth it? will we find food there? i dont want to stay in a high rise cause i live amongt them :). can anyone anywhere help me out of the circles i am going in trying to pick a place??????

calgary
11. Re: confused like hell.

I am in the same exact position as my husband and I are trying to book a honeymoon for sometime in the month of May. We got married over the holidays but our honeymoon off the coast of Thailand was wiped out with the Tsunami. So here comes Aruba. Have you found any hotels that are somewhat romantic and perhaps lite on children? Our last trip together was to Cancun where children ran rampant and it was too noisy and too much of a family atmosphere as opposed to the couple romance. We are downtown dwellers and something secluded would be ideal.

NC
reviews: 6
12. Re: confused like hell.

Okay, if your heart is set on Aruba ..the Bucuti is the best resort to honeymoon. But not the best for dinning. We did not have any great meals there. Breakfast way over priced and the dinner menu offered little to chose from.

Fayetteville...
reviews: 5
13. Re: confused like hell.

I am a huge fan of Aruba. We loved our trip, but I wouldn't go there for a honeymoon. I don't think Aruba is anything like Florida. The beaches and waters are BEAUTIFUL in Aruba. We're going to Maui for our honeymoon in October.

Minnesota
reviews: 1
14. Re: confused like hell.

Pathli, We just returned March 16th from Aruba. We stayed at the Bucuti Beach Resort in the Tara Suites. It is nothing less than wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, staff will meet your every need and the beach is all that you could ask for. It is an adult hotel so very few children (2 in the 9 days we were there). It has a very quiet and romantic atmosphere. As for the food, in my opinion there are too many good places to eat to limit yourself to an all inclusive. The prices at the restuarants can get a little on the expensive side depending on where you eat, but well worth the price in my opinion. The rating at the Bucuti is a three star. It is rated that way because of the fact that it has only one restuarant and a small outside bar. Also there are not water sports, a small pool (who needs a pool when you have the ocean) and the fitness center is very small. In my opinion if you are looking for a quiet, romantic perfect place for a honeymoon this is it. If you have any other questions that I can try to help you with you can e-mail me at melodee_madsen@yahoo.com

CT
15. Re: confused like hell.

Check out the new rooms at Bucuti Beach. We travel to the Carribean every 2 years, and did not expect much from Aruba (too many Americans, like us) Bucuti has a huge beach with an online camera shot of the ocean. The hotel is clean well run and has excellent food. The pirate ship restaurant looks real tacky but has great fish. If money not a big issue the nicer choice is St. Lucia's Royal St. Lucian on Rodney bay. Rodney bay is one of the last harbors of safe refuge for sailors going to the canaol and once around for the Hell of it. As a result restaurants from many european countries are within a twenty minute walk. The rain forest is breathtaking. The snorkeling at Soufriere is as good as diving anywhere. Good luck.

Boston...
reviews: 16
16. Re: confused like hell.

Try looking into the Tierra Del Sol Resort on the northern end of the island and near Palm Beach. Close enough to the beach and quiet for a honeymoon. Their spa is the best, secluded pool, golf course, view of the lighthouse, lovely restaurant, etc.

Wakefield, MA
17. Re: confused like hell.

Forget all-inclusive if you're not a big drinker. At $7-8 per drink that's where we got our money back. Plenty of dining options around too so with the vegetarian preference you're better off keeping your options open vs. being limited to whatever your AI plan has to offer.

Clifton, New Jersey
reviews: 19
18. Re: confused like hell.

Go to the Costa Linda! Wonderful hotel/timeshare, great service and beautiful beach. It is only 5 stories high. You can go to the supermarket and buy food if you want and cook in the full kitchen. Or you can go to one of the many fabulous restaurants that Aruba has. I don't think the all inclusive is for you. But all inclusives are not all about buffets as one reply said. The Manchebo Beach has a wonderful restaurant called the French Steakhouse. In addition, I have been to St Lucia and unless I missed something I would not go back. Very poor island. When I go on Vacation I don't want to see slums and Aruba certainly doesn't have them. Even the bad sections aren't so bad.

New York City, New...
19. Re: confused like hell.

Hi, not to worry, yes there are many choices, I've been to aruba man, many times over the past 10 years so maybe I can help. Others have already mentioned 2 of my favorite places to stay, The Amsterdam M anor is very nice, I'm going bavk in August, small, quaint, on the beach with a pool, nice restaurant, very nice rooms, good staff, check out their web site, also the Costa Linda is very nice, it's more upscale, on the beach. The Bucuti and Marcheabo, sorry about spelling, are also very nice. Be very wary of the all inclusives, some are ok some are not, if you are not drinkers they may not be worth it, most of the restaurants in town are very good and without drinks or just one won't be too expensive, my wife and i are non drinkers, the food at most of the AI's are only ok.