We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-motorized water sports at HI

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 7
Non-motorized water sports at HI

For anyone who stayed at the holiday inn, please let me know if they offer floats for use in the ocean (tube or a lounger) or if they have snorkel equipment available for use. Or should I bring my own from home? Do they have any other non-motorized water sports?

Thanks!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
1. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

We're going there too and I learned the floats are 5.00 a day so I have my own packed and I always take my own snorkel equipment. I think they have kayaks and something else but that's it.

When are you traveling? We're leaving the 25 and I can't wait.

Poughkeepsie, New...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Travelangie All inclusive people are entitiled to Kayaks and paddleboats at the pier to the left of the HI facing the ocean. You can also getface masks to see under the water. Have a great time

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
3. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Jerry 43

Have you stayed at the HI? if so what's your opinion of the hotel and food?

Poughkeepsie, New...
4. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Get - I have stayed there six times. There are good points and bad. I have never had a problem with the room. It is standard quality Holiday Inn. It has all of the necessary amenities (Refrigerator, safe, balcony, hairdryer, etc. I have not gotten a musty room. The beach is great clean and the ocean this time of year clear. The food in general is passable. The breakfast buffet is pretty complete. The lunch is very good at the sea side grill. The dinner at the two allacarte restaurants is pretty good. The dinner buffet can be very bad, it varies from day to day. The wait at the sea side grill or at the allacarte dinner places can be long if you go at the wrong time. The bad items are the shade on the beach which can be a problem unless you get up very early to reserve a spot, The pools which are full of kids which make it tough for an adult to go in, and the entertainment which is not very professional. All in all for a reasonable vacation it passes the test. Jerry

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
5. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Jerry,

We're not expecting the Hyatt. As long as it's clean, comfy and the food fairly good we're okay with that. Plan on eating some dinners away from the hotel. And we're rarely in our room. I go for the beach and the sea, not spending time in a room. LOL

Hopefully there won't be a lot of kids when we go the end of August. Like kids but don't like to be bothered with a bunch of screaming and yelling while on vacation.

I'm up early so getting a palapa shouldn't be a problem.

Is there a beach bar?

Poughkeepsie, New...
6. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Get There are two bars on the beach. The main one is hugh opens at 11 AM and serves pizza and hot dogs during the afternoon. Included in the all inclusive. The second one is part of the Beach Grill. Have a pina colada for me. There are so many restaurants of every type with in walking distance. The beach grill by the way serves rib, steak and shrimp among other dishes

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
7. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Jerry,

Two bars????????? I'll never have to leave the beach. LOL I did not realize that pizza place was part of the HI AI. Great! I'll have the Pina Colada for you. Do you know if they make Mojitos? I'm so thirsty for one of those. I LOVE Mojitos. Haven't had one since we went to Riviera Maya in Oct. 04

I'm so excited about this trip. I don't know if I can wait 23 more days.

Poughkeepsie, New...
8. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Get they make all of the tropical drinks. If they do not know it just tell them how to make it. The pizza place is not part of the HI, but they make their own pizza at the beach bar doing the day. I am going there Aug 9 through the 16th I will have a drink for you and ask them about your favorite.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
9. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Jerry,

How's the pizza? I love thin crispy crust pizza, brick oven is my favorite. Too bad we aren't there the same time. We'd have a drink together. You staying at the HI?

Here's the recipe:

Mojito

Glass of soda water

11/2 tsp. sugar

2-3 spring of spearmint, slightly crushed

1 1/2 shots white rum

ice

Tell them to make you one.

Poughkeepsie, New...
10. Re: Non-motorized water sports at HI

Get-- It sounds great. I will have one. I am staying at the HI. I never had the pizza, but a lot of people do. The beach grill and lunch buffet are pretty good so I always eat at one of them. The lunch buffet has salads, fruit, good soup (airconditioned) deserts and several different meat dishes. In Feb. when I was there they also had a cooked to order grill they would cook chicken brest, grupper, beef, turkey, etc. If you do not want to leave the beach you can also take out from the beach grill. Jerry

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach