We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 10
First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

Hi,

We are headed to Aruba for our first time in June. We want something that's relaxing but fun and close to night life.

Must haves....

Clean!!

Walking distance or short cab to shopping, restaurants, and night life

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
reviews: 65
1. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

I would look at the resorts located on Palm Beach which will be walkable to plenty of restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. - Radisson, Hyatt, Holiday Inn.....

Boston...
reviews: 1
2. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

I like Amys first two suggestions in that order. I am not a fan of the HI but I will admit it has received good reviews since is renovation.

Atlanta, Georgia
3. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

thanks guys! what are the differences in two hotels? What makes the Radisson a better choice then the hyatt?

Thanks!

Boston...
4. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

The Radisson has a full balcony where the Hyatt only has a step out balcony unless you get a suite. The grounds at the Hyatt are a little nicer IMO but still great at the Radisson. Radisson has 2 zero entry pools-that are huge. The hyatt has smaller pooler area that gets crowded but they do have a swimup bar if you like that. Great slide at the hyatt as well. Both are nice choices.

Boston...
5. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

Id also say the Hyatt as a little more of an upscale feel with its contemporary style and amazing outdoors- still vote for the Radisson. Stayed at the Hyatt my first 3 trips and the Radisson my last 6- I wont speak of my 1 day at the HI, lol.

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

Thank you! One more question we can stay at the occidental for only $200/ week (timeshare). Would you even consider this or would we be disappointed. thanks for your help.

Paramus, New Jersey
reviews: 15
7. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

The Occidental is right in between the Radisson and the Hyatt. It's not as nice and I believe you must purchase the meal plan, A/I there if you are doing a timeshare exchange. The pool area is no where as nice as the Hyatt or the Radisson. Food isn't great at this resort, but you can always use it for breakfast and lunch and eat your dinners or at least some of your dinners at the many fine restaurants which Aruba has to offer.

North Cape May, Nj
reviews: 9
8. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

Radisson vs Hyatt: Radisson has full balconies - Hyatt has French balconies; Radisson has a better beach; Radisson has a much better palapa policy; Radisson is less expensive. Hyatt has a nicer lobby; Hyatt has nicer landscaping, but Radisson landscaping is also beautiful. Not sure about the rooms because I have never stayed in the Hyatt. Have read that there is a privacy issue with Hyatt bathrooms, but cannot verify.

Atlanta, Georgia
9. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

Thanks Guys!

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 11
10. Re: First Trip to Aruba Where should we stay??

We have stayed at both the Riu (all-inclusive) and at the Marriott, in the Tradewinds section (semi all-inclusive-breakfast, lunch and a heavy h'orderves dinner, along with non-alcoholic drinks and an open bar each night in the club-lounge) . Both are great, but our past 2 trips we have gotten better deals at the Marriott and found it easier to get palapas on the beach and chairs at the pool there than the Riu.

We have gambled at the Radisson, but haven't stayed there. It has a great location though.

Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach